VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SC for ED after Snip? SMC-K?

Rate this question

blahsaysme2u

Question

does anyone know if getting "snipped" can prevent smc for ED and low t SC? SMC-K?

i am not sure what level my estrogen was but t was very low, and has been for a long time. i have unfortunately been suffering from this for years and have had my T check multiple times by different primary cares that never would refer me to endo...they diagnosed me with Hypogonadism.

my snip had no relation to the ED...was a choice we made as precaution to having children etc...it was elective but it was not to help and did not cause the ED. that was already an issue since before i even met my wife in 2010...i was discharged in 2008 from active duty. i am not asking for SC for ED related to snip...

i am asking for SC for ED based on previous Testerone tests(while in service) and after. i am just worried that the VA will see i had snip and say "well you may have been SC before you got snip for creative organ, but now you cant so you arent SC" if that makes sense

Endo put me on TRT patches 4mg every day...im not really liking the patches but worried about cross contamination with wifey(she has her own endo issues that this could really mess up) i may end up with injections in the end just based on my lil experience with the patches(i cant seem to keep them on...i move around and they fall off from normal everyday activity- nothing like running or weight lifting going on- just working from home etc)

i wouldnt think so but i never put it past VA to find way to deny..."i cant create babies now- so you chose to have 'loss of creative organ'- no SC or SMCk for you" i guess its worth a shot to try

Has nothing to do with making babies. Loss of use is loss of use. If it had to do with babies we’d be asking about condoms or birth control use and denying for that- we don’t, because it’s irrelevant for the definition of loss of use. Plus, I had SMC k before my vasectomy, and still have it after. That was 5 yrs ago. 

that makes sense. i guess i and some others in a previous thread were thinking "creative organ" was in relation to making babies...

im going to try i guess. like i have said, ED is embarrassing enough without dealing with the VA..just didnt want to waste my time or the VA's with something i cant get anyways

Creative Organ is also a catch all category for disabilities that don't have a more specific, or even relational, place in the Schedule of ratings. 

btw i did find this after some google-foo:

https://www.va.gov/vetapp03/files/0304600.txt

Special monthly compensation may be paid for loss of use of a creative organ, as a result of service-connected disability. 38 U.S.C.A. § 1114(k); 38 C.F.R. § 3.350(a). Although the term "creative organ" is not defined in the law or regulations, the Office of General Counsel has held that a "creative organ," as used in 38 U.S.C.A. § 1114(k), refers to a procreative, or reproductive, organ. VAOPGCPREC 2-00. In addition, where a veteran has loss of erectile power from service-connected causes, he is also entitled to special monthly compensation for loss of use of a creative organ. VA Adjudication Procedure Manual, M21-1, Part VI, 11.25 (Change 85, April 4, 2002); see 38 C.F.R. § 4.115b, Code 7522. Therefore, although not specifically identified as a "creative organ" in 38 U.S.C.A. § 1114(k) or 38 C.F.R. § 3.350, other legal authority clearly establishes that the penis is a creative organ, for purposes of entitlement to special monthly compensation.

but further down:

The Board also notes that the veteran has undergone a vasectomy. With respect to whether this precludes special monthly compensation based on loss of use of a creative organ, it is well-established non-service-connected loss of use of a creative organ (i.e., sterilization) does not bar special monthly compensation for anatomical loss of a creative organ. VAOPGCPREC 93-90; VAOPGCPREC 5-89. Neither opinion explicitly addressed the matter of whether non- service-connected loss of use of one creative organ bars special monthly compensation based on loss of use of another creative organ, rather than anatomical loss (although VAOPGCPREC 5-89 suggests a distinction may be drawn).

However, the statute provides that "if the veteran, as the result of service-connected disability, has suffered the anatomical loss or loss of use of one or more creative organs, . . . [special monthly compensation shall be paid] for each such loss or loss of use . . . and in the event the veteran has suffered one or more of the disabilities heretofore specified in this subsection, . . . the rate of compensation shall be increased . . . for each such loss or loss of use, . . ." 38 U.S.C.A. § 1114(k). Thus, the law provides that special monthly compensation is to be provided for loss of use of any creative organ, not merely loss of reproductive capacity. By the use of the term "one or more" creative organs, it is clear that only one creative organ need be affected. Therefore, if a veteran has loss of use of any creative organ, the presence of non-service- connected loss of use of another creative organ is irrelevant. Accordingly, the Board finds that the preexisting vasectomy does not bar entitlement to loss of use of a creative organ due to impotence.

i think i will keep this in my back pocket just in case!

thanks again for your help! hope this clears things up for others that might come across this in the future!