VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Exam request - processing -- No longer needed"

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

Does anyone know what this means?

I took a screenshot of VA.gov > Check your claims and appeals> Status details> Documents filed.

Request 5 (request for document) now shows this:

Request 5

Exam Request - Processing

No longer needed

Here's a screenshot. Does anyone know what this means?  What does it mean when they say "Exam request  Processing -- no longer needed"?  

Exam-request-processing.jpg

In my case it only meant that a C & P exam was requested and after the exam was actually ordered, it is saying that they do not have to order another exam, the exam was already ordered, and you should be contacted to go to a C & P exam. 

2 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

In my case it only meant that a C & P exam was requested and after the exam was actually ordered, it is saying that they do not have to order another exam, the exam was already ordered, and you should be contacted to go to a C & P exam. 

Oh yuck.  For TDIU?   I wonder what kind of C&P exam that would be? I wonder what I can expect?

4 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

Hey pacman I have an idea. We should create a VA claims board game, styled after Monopoly maybe.  I can already imagine the Chance and Community Chest cards. 😅

10 minutes ago, Rivet62 said:

Oh yuck.  For TDIU?   I wonder what kind of C&P exam that would be? I wonder what I can expect.

That depends on the disabilities you listed on your VA 21-8940 TDIU Form. The exam should be for the conditions/disabilities you listed stating that make you unemployable but then again, I have seen where the VA denied a veterans claim because he left off a disability rating by itself that should have warranted him TDIU, but he was denied.  I also seen where the VA examined all the veteran's current ratings.

13 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

That depends on the disabilities you listed on your VA 21-8940 TDIU Form. The exam should be for the conditions/disabilities you listed stating that make you unemployable but then again, I have seen where the VA denied a veterans claim because he left off a disability rating by itself that should have warranted him TDIU, but he was denied.  I also seen where the VA examined all the veteran's current ratings.

I was careful about the issues for TDIU, I think. Here's a screenshot (not that you need it, but you might see something in it (compared to my current ratings in my signature below).

issues.jpg

I could have done an internet search. I did, using this keyword phrase "VA exam request processing no longer needed" and from that I found dozens of hits, some old ones on Hadit too.  It's been answered a hundred times over.

I think what best describes this status is that it is an internal marker in the claims process.

I'll quote the comment I found on the PEB forum:

"I don't know if you can see this in eBenefits, but "Request for Examination" is used as an internal tracking device at the RO where I work. We use this when it is necessary for an RVSR to review a claim to see if any exams need to be ordered."

So, it seems this internal tracker is a consequence of VA trying to reduce excessive costs of unnecessary C&P exams (2018).  It's like a page in the claim that logs the pre-exam review that is required prior to ordering a C&P exam. 

See this link for context:

https://www.va.gov/oig/pubs/VAOIG-17-04966-201.pdf

If the status says "Exam request processing, no longer needed" it is just an indication of who has the claim in the claims process. 

To quote another comment on another forum:

"When we look at ebenefits we see those nice status boxes going from left to right and expect it to be like a production line...Its not like that.  The status is determined by who has it and how they have checked it in... The status has more to do with WHO HAS IT and not HOW CLOSE AM I TO BEING DONE."  

And with these quotes it helps to understand the tasks of a VSR and a RVSR.

A screenshot of VA's "Careers at VBA":

careers-at-VBA.thumb.jpg.e7b7aed82846acf8e956f3b22ee844d7.jpg

As always, the proof of having to go to a C&P exam is in a physical letter or phone call you receive stating the need for a C&P exam. You can't rely on VA.gov or eBenefits to be up to speed on this. This appears to be the consensus, and after exploring all of the above I have to agree.

So, am I being scheduled for a C&P exam?  I don't know yet.

Edited by Rivet62
brain not working