VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

"Exam request - processing -- No longer needed"

Rate this question

Rivet62

Question

Does anyone know what this means?

I took a screenshot of VA.gov > Check your claims and appeals> Status details> Documents filed.

Request 5 (request for document) now shows this:

Request 5

Exam Request - Processing

No longer needed

Here's a screenshot. Does anyone know what this means?  What does it mean when they say "Exam request  Processing -- no longer needed"?  

Exam-request-processing.jpg

23 hours ago, Rivet62 said:

Request 5

Exam Request - Processing

No longer needed

Now the VA shows Request 5 as closed.

Feb. 9, 2022    We closed the notice for Request 5

Edited by Rivet62
brain not working

3 hours ago, Rivet62 said:

Now the VA shows Request 5 as closed.

Feb. 9, 2022    We closed the notice for Request 5

Don't get upset or offended if you get a letter or a call requesting that you report to a C & P exam. Just be prepared and go. Even though they may have enough evidence in your records doesn't mean they won't ask for an updated medical opinion of your current severity of your disabilities claimed. As stated, I saw the same thing and then I got a call and a letter to report to a C & P exam when it showed that the notice was closed, it only meant that the C & P exam was being scheduled.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:34 PM, pacmanx1 said:

Don't get upset or offended if you get a letter or a call requesting that you report to a C & P exam. Just be prepared and go. Even though they may have enough evidence in your records doesn't mean they won't ask for an updated medical opinion of your current severity of your disabilities claimed. As stated, I saw the same thing and then I got a call and a letter to report to a C & P exam when it showed that the notice was closed, it only meant that the C & P exam was being scheduled.

Yep.  And here it is, for back issues. It looks to me as though they are re-evaluating my back ratings, as if the new examination could wipe out my service-connect.  I mean I understand it could go both ways and maybe an increase. I requested TDIU on top of my existing 80% service-connected disabilities (mainly my back issues, and my MDD).

Look at this guy's medical background and what he does for the VA. Yeah he's fully positioned to eliminate my service-connection for my back.

C&P-back-issues---2.jpg

C&P-back-issues-1.jpg

On 2/9/2022 at 7:48 PM, Mr cue said:

I think that a good thing maybe they feel with the info from SS they don't need the exams.

Which would be the right thing to do.

Good luck

Nope. They scheduled me, for back issues.

1 hour ago, Rivet62 said:

Yeah, he's fully positioned to eliminate my service-connection for my back.

As far as I can see, it appears to be a scheduled C & P exam, but it does not state specifically that this examiner will try to sever your current rating. As stated, many times before, if it is at all possible. Try to have your own IMO that your service connected back, and depression causes you to be unemployable or that your service connected back, and depression would interfere with you working or employment.