VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Is it Odd for a C&P Examiner to say he can't do an eval on my back because I am having a flair-up?

Rate this question

Joep

Question

I had a C&P exam today and the doctor started to do measurments on bending angles but since I was unable to move much as all becuase of a flair-up, he felt he could not do the exam.  Am I missing something?  This back flair-up also prevented him from being able to fully review my knee claim.

This is the second time I am seeing this doctor and the last time there were MANY discrepancies from what was observed, discussed, and what was documented on the DBQ.   I honestly felt he mixed me up with someone else.

I expected to see him for 2 issues but we went over 4.  I wonder if he will do a DBQ on all conditions or not and if not, will I be rescuheduled? 

I worry he will simply not address the issues he felt he could not measure due to my flair-up rather than documenting my movement (or lack there of) today which may appear I was fine. 

So stressed

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@broncovetIn Sharp v. Shulkin (2017), the CAVC said examiners must offer an opinion on how the veteran could be functionally limited during a flare up, even if the exam was not done during a flare up. If an examiner fails, then the exam would be inadequate. Honestly, they were supposed to have factored this in based on the veterans own lay statements, but most tended to hesitate because that would be speculation. After this decision, the examiner must clearly account for all info, including lay statements. 

@Rivet62You are definitely right about that