Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam for increase for SC Narcolepsy via web cam

Rate this question

scottishere99

Question

So i submitted FDC last week and received an C&P exam for the 10th of march,  does anyone know what the doctor might ask me?   I sent in 2 buddy letters 1 spouse letter, 2 different letters from my two neurologist, 3 different sleep Polysomnograms and 2 Multiple Sleep Latency test and all the different types of medication I've taken.  I'm just trying to figure what all the Dr. can ask me that isn't in all my 300 pages of medical record for Narcolepsy.  If anyone has been through this and if so would you care to share some of the things that might be asked.   Thank you in advance for the help.

hi Berta, i just noticed the mistake last year. all im trying to do is raise my 40% to the actual 80%  that it should have been.  my neuro doctors filled out the DBQ and stated Narcolepsy W/   cataplexy,  1 major seizure past year, and 5 to 7 Minor a day. i sent in 2 buddy letters from military personnel that worked with me and seen me sleeping or falling asleep 3 to 4 times a day.  also my wife wrote a letter how it affects my home life. 

She is also going to be next to me on the C&P video exam on the 10th.  i tried to look up the Dr. that is doing the exam but couldn't find him his name is Vaughn  Gavin M maybe some one might of had him before if they do maybe they will see this. 

i did discuses with my wife about trying to get it changed to date back to 2009 but there is so much confusing things that they already ask i can imagine try to get it back dated. 

Thanks to everyone that is helping me with this. 

Wow I just checked and the Dr. Is in South Carolina and he is a sports medicine  Dr.   Why would you have a Dr like him exam a patience with Narcolepsy that's so  crazy

That happens Way too often- and is a good way for the VA to get a negative opinion and deny the claim.

There is contact info here under a search for QTC,LHI, and VES- under a search- You can gripe about this with them, if he comes from one of those entitites ,and /or you can complain to the White House Veterans  Hot Line 855-948-2311-

Then again you do have great evidence but I wonder how much of it could even be shown via a web cam.Maybe the C & P examiner would give you his email addy for it-and the C & P exam then might actually help the claim------if he can read and understand  it. But why take that chance-

The VA denied a claim I had and said it was an inperson C & P exam for my husband- by then my husband had been dead for decades.

They reversed the denial when I filed a CUE.

It costs the VA , as I understand ,800 bucks or more for each of these C & P exams.To me that means they should be paying for someone with the expertise to opine ,but I guess they would rather pay 800 bucks or more for a lousy result from someone who doesn't have a clue, and then the denial is easy to make.