Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P Exam for increase for SC Narcolepsy via web cam

Rate this question

scottishere99

Question

So i submitted FDC last week and received an C&P exam for the 10th of march,  does anyone know what the doctor might ask me?   I sent in 2 buddy letters 1 spouse letter, 2 different letters from my two neurologist, 3 different sleep Polysomnograms and 2 Multiple Sleep Latency test and all the different types of medication I've taken.  I'm just trying to figure what all the Dr. can ask me that isn't in all my 300 pages of medical record for Narcolepsy.  If anyone has been through this and if so would you care to share some of the things that might be asked.   Thank you in advance for the help.

At least here recently, Veterans (speaking at least, for myself) have not been given a choice whether or not to do doc appointments via webcam:  We have to do them.  We are caught between a rock and a hard place, covid protocol means we are not really supposed to go to the hosptial, because it takes beds needed for covid patients.  

But, of course, if we discontinue mental health treatments, we risk reduction.  So, we pretty much are forced to do them by webcam...if we dont know how to do them, well, we have to learn. 

Fortunately, its not real hard.  The VA doc sends you a link, you click it on, and you are on webcam, (of course this assumes you have webcam on your computer, and that it is enabled, and that it works).

However, there are at least 2 people who have to fully understand how to use the webcam to make it work, the Vet and the doc.  And, especiallly older docs are not always tech saavy.  So they may or may not know how to do it.  Additioanly, there are things the VA''s IT department (servers) have to do to ensure it works.  

Im not crazy about "forced webcams" but its a small price to pay for our part in covid 19.