VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New Proposed Changes to VASRD

Rate this question

RBrogen

Question

Here's a link to an article about some potentially great changes/enhancements to VASRD rating system:  https://blogs.va.gov/VAntage/100285/va-proposes-updates-to-disability-rating-schedules-for-respiratory-auditory-and-mental-disorders-body-systems/

4 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Yeah, it's a mixed bag of proposed pros and cons, but full of controversy from veterans and pro-veteran organizations. It popped up here last month as soon as the news was released. 

Here's a link to active VA proposals on the Federal Register: https://www.federalregister.gov/agencies/veterans-affairs-department

For these new changes, the public comment period ends April 18, 2022. A lot of public feedback has been provided. The respiratory document has over 2000 comments and the MH document has over 600.

Yes I also read these new rating requirements as someone with a 100% rating for COPD requiring home oxygen therapy, I don't agree with the change that removes this rating.  They say they have made it eaiser to get a 100% rating for lung disease , but I don't beleive it.  Most times changes are made the va claims it is because of new medical knowledge. I don't believe this either.

As to the decision to stop rating cpap user @50% , I agree this never made sense.   The only reason I claimed my sleep apnea was because of the rating, I was already 100% so it did not net me more compensation but, it may help me later.

Ironically, and in fact even Texas had made a change to the parking laws  for DV plates, requiring them to either get a platicard, or ISA on their plates. In Texas it only takes 50% to get a free DV plate, so there was a problem with disabled parking at VA medical centers and other locations. Now since Jan 2022, most DV license plates holders will not be able to park in handicap spaces.

I should have done this years ago as I was qualified as of 2000.  My bad.  As soon as I heard of proposed new schedule rule changes I filed for and within 20 days received from the now wonderful VARO raters 60% for GERD due to my LT Nam PTSD and PTSD meds and also 10% for TINNIUTS direct service connection due to 1970 Nam repeated combat incidents resulting in the PH and CMB awards as Army medevac/Dustoff pilot.  These wonderful new ratings changed me from P&T TDIU to P&T 100% Scheduler (A big improvement for me).

And yes I received 50% OSA with CPAP due to PTSD in 2021 and I am entitled and qualified for every bit of it. 

I almost burned alive in my shot down Dustoff in June of 70 with death of 20 year old crew chief a few feet from me and then upon return to *******USA I was treated like scum, a joke and a baby killer so I and other  real NAM Combat veterans deserve everything we can get from the government and taxpayers.  No other group of war veterans of any USA war has ever been so falsely misaligned and accused of horrific war crimes by hollywood as us young kid volunteers and draftees sent to that then hell hole.  Every war has had their isolated incidents of a so called "war crime" committed by a few screwed up persons or units.  The WWII generation were the generals and politicians and full Colonels in charge of the Nam war and not the young naïve kids sent over there. 

The only reasons some other vets are opposed to vets receiving certain high ratings for particular medical issues is simple jealously and I will no longer be offering helpful advice to them.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a4e3a455a650ca98f20dc3bd60afd991.jpeg

image.jpeg.71dc1da0a433250e3e4d7c4a7b872920.jpeg

Edited by Dustoff 11

39 minutes ago, Dustoff 11 said:

I should have done this years ago as I was qualified as of 2000.  My bad.  As soon as I heard of proposed new schedule rule changes I filed for and within 20 days received from the now wonderful VARO raters 60% for GERD due to my LT Nam PTSD and PTSD meds and also 10% for TINNIUTS direct service connection due to 1970 Nam repeated combat incidents resulting in the PH and CMB awards as Army medevac/Dustoff pilot.  These wonderful new ratings changed me from P&T TDIU to P&T 100% Scheduler (A big improvement for me).

I almost burned alive in my shot down Dustoff in June of 70 with death of 20 year old crew chief a few feet from me and then upon return to *******USA I was treated like scum, a joke and a baby killer so I and other  real NAM Combat veterans deserve everything we can get from the government and taxpayers.  No other group of war veterans of any USA war has ever been so falsely misaligned and accused of horrific war crimes by hollywood as us young kid volunteers and draftees sent to that then hell hole.  Every war as had their isolated incidents of a so called "war crime" committed by a few screwed up persons or units.  The WWII generation were the generals and politicians and full Colonels in charge of the Nam war and not the young naïve kids sent over there. 

The only reasons some other vets are opposed to vets receiving certain high ratings for particular medical issues is simple jealously and I will no longer be offering helpful advice to them.  

image.thumb.jpeg.a4e3a455a650ca98f20dc3bd60afd991.jpeg

image.jpeg.71dc1da0a433250e3e4d7c4a7b872920.jpeg

After reading this Dustoff11 I would like to say I was not alive when you went to Nam and I want to personally thank you for your service and your sacrifice. I also want to apologize for all the idiots that did not treat veterans as heroes when they returned. I'm disgusted by all the negative things I read from back then. You and all your peers did not deserve that crap and I am truly sorry that happened.