VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Arthritus Rheumatoid

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I Have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis  just as about as bad as you can have it in my right leg just above the knee and just below knee  just above the calf.

Has anyone had amptutions because of it  and the pain?

This is crippleing me  I can't do anything   ..I can barley walk   with a cane or walker.

If Ampution is a relief ?   > I been tinking about it.

I have all the below  and this is not my service connected disabiliity's

Osteoarthritis.

Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Psoriatic Arthritis.

Gout.

Lupus.

Hang in there Buck. A lot autoimmune disorders we suffer from in the form of lupus and RA can by helped by diet in a large way, but not all of it. The medications I listed are not pain medications, they're medications to help control the flare-ups and suppress the immune system from attacking the body. I would begin by cutting out all diary, then move on to wheat products, then sugars and processed foods. It is a serious, life-changing commitment and it is not easy. But I will say, within the first week, if RA and psoriatic arthritis is the issue here, you will begin to notice an improvement.

Semper Fi,

Sgt. Wilky

On 4/2/2022 at 2:06 PM, Buck52 said:

Have severe Rheumatoid Arthritis  just as about as bad as you can have it...

I swear by bone broth. Not just any old bone broth, but from an organic dairy farm is where I get the bones.  It must be fresh cut bones from a real pasture fed dairy cow farm all organic because butchers often get sides of beef shipped in then they make their cuts from that. It has little to no positive effect for me. And the packaged stuff sold in stores is no good.  But just half a cup of bone broth from the bones of my local organic dairy farm practically eliminates all my arthritis pain for days. You can drink it straight or simply use it in a recipe.  It's amazing. I have persistent arthritic pain on a level of 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 daily, but with the bone broth I feel like I'm 15 years younger and the pain reduction effect is nearly immediate. 

I want to add that starch consumption completely reverses the positive effect of the bone broth. I discovered this when I tried using corn starch to thicken the bone broth as an alternative use, like for making gravy. Boy the pain ramped up to like a 9 or 10 for me.  So part of my solution is eliminate starch from my diet in whatever form. If I do consume a starch it is like maybe once a week and in a very limited amount.

Edited by Rivet62

4 hours ago, Rivet62 said:

I want to add that starch consumption completely reverses the positive effect of the bone broth. I discovered this when I tried using corn starch to thicken the bone broth as an alternative use, like for making gravy. Boy the pain ramped up to like a 9 or 10 for me.

Interesting. I've been on a low carb diet for the past few years. I used to make bone broth but haven't been for quite awhile. Time to dust off the Instapot. There's a sub reddit called ketoscience and there I've read quite a few studies on how low carb diets help with immune disorders.

• HadIt.com Elder
On 4/7/2022 at 10:03 AM, Rivet62 said:

I swear by bone broth. Not just any old bone broth, but from an organic dairy farm is where I get the bones.  It must be fresh cut bones from a real pasture fed dairy cow farm all organic because butchers often get sides of beef shipped in then they make their cuts from that. It has little to no positive effect for me. And the packaged stuff sold in stores is no good.  But just half a cup of bone broth from the bones of my local organic dairy farm practically eliminates all my arthritis pain for days. You can drink it straight or simply use it in a recipe.  It's amazing. I have persistent arthritic pain on a level of 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10 daily, but with the bone broth I feel like I'm 15 years younger and the pain reduction effect is nearly immediate. 

I want to add that starch consumption completely reverses the positive effect of the bone broth. I discovered this when I tried using corn starch to thicken the bone broth as an alternative use, like for making gravy. Boy the pain ramped up to like a 9 or 10 for me.  So part of my solution is eliminate starch from my diet in whatever form. If I do consume a starch it is like maybe once a week and in a very limited amount.

I guess I am not sure what you men here  bone broth?  how do you make it?  the broth from the grocery stores won't help?

I don't know how to make bone broth?

I know eating pasta will increase pain and surgars  and most carbs, so I Cut out a lot of those  this pain is crippling me I mean it has not release morings are the worst time, brocovet said to eat black rice? so far I can't find any ...

I am tryingf a low caloire diet and losseing weight fast. the Dr say there not much they can do  other than the pain meds and they don't seem to help    even a reversal of the blood in the knee don't help I forget what they call that but they inject a neddle in the top part of the knee and draw blood out of the knee area where the arthritis is  and put it in a machine that spins for about 10 minutes or so  then they put the blood back in the knee, that is only a Temp  fix.

but hey thanks for the bone broth soulation I will try that that as soon as I  figure out how to make it.

23 hours ago, Buck52 said:

I guess I am not sure what you men here  bone broth?  how do you make it?  the broth from the grocery stores won't help?

Buck, I make bone broth by putting (beef usually) bones in and instapot and pressure cooking them for 8-10 hours. I just freeze steak bones and when I have enough to fill my instapot cook them. Some people swear by grass fed and fresh cut but I don't worry much about that.