Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Board, Can't Pull Up The Link

Rate this question

Capt.

Question

Hello and yes I am new to this board so try and be patient with me. I have tried to pull up the link to the subject about getting a doctor to write an opinion or nexus. I have the link in another post but when I pull it up it will not open. the link is http://www.vehu.med.va.gov/v5hu/vehu2005/p.r-%20finalA.pdf . I have been fighting peripheral neuropathy for about 7 or 8 yrs and have been tested since 02 with diagnosis in 04 and 06. It is pointing to chemical contamination and I was at Fort Greely in 71-73. I have filed the claim with DAV in Feb but I am so far down the road with it that I can't rush the system to help me. I have tried to get the va neurologist to give me an opinion. I even supplied him with some evidence showing the results of contamination of the post with chemicals,,,nuclear reactor with discharging problems, agent orange contamination at sights monitored, testing of vx, sarin, nerve agents, biological weapons, lead , abestos, arsenic, and many more that cause neuropathy. I even sent him my personal doctors nexus after he reviewed all the evidence and said in his letter that "it is more likely than not that my disease is coming from the chemicals" . The Va neurologist who in his medical report, wanted to know the cause of the neuropathy. I only recently this year and have gotten all the documents concerning the contamination evidence. He said that after he reviewed this evidence it was "very compelling" but it could have come from anywhere and he was not my "primary health care doctor". He said I had to talk to him to see if he will sign an opinion. That is tomorrow and I am bringing some of the documents and will ask him to for this. I know they are "schooled" by the va not to fill out nexus that could help the vet. However I read on a post that they must if asked, to fill out opinion by law. How do you make them do this? I am going to see another neurologist this next week and try to get his opinion after he examines me an looks at the 3 emg reports from the VA and their opinions and of course my documents showing the chemicals there. I am in so much pain now that I cannot sleep and it is starting to effect my motor functions. I am taking ambian for that and the VA has been uping my dosage for the neurontin but it does not work. I am hoping to get another opinion to file with my claim as the VA is just not cooperating. I am depressed and have seen my doctor and the social worker because I can' t sleep from the pain and am having motor function problems.I am going thru depression and have told my DAV rep to file a claim for this too. Does anyone have any knowledge or can help with info about getting doctors with va to write opinions and nexus. Also what kind of battle am I in for? I am probably going to hire one of two lawyers I have talked to that I can hire after June 20,2007 (New law goes into effect)for representing me if they deny my initial and when the NOD is filed. That is assuming they deny me. Sorry for the long post but if I could show my VA doctor that he has to by law fill out an opinion then I would like that before tomorrows meeting with him. Thank you for all the good post and info. CC

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• Founder

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

Hello and thank you so much for the link......and the welcomes......This is very overwhelming to battle this system. I did not know anything about this disease until I started getting worse and only recently about Fort Greely and all of its problems .Thousands of pages of legal documents and some still classifed as well as not able to open on the links. But I have enough to file and hopefully get something moving but it is going to be a battle. Does anyone else have any knowledge of how to bring this thing faster and my disease is going to put me not able to work real soon.....I am really not knowing what to do. Thank you again for your kindness and help. God Bless

Welcome aboard Capt. -best place in town-

If you cannot get a probative medical opinion from a VA doctor I strongly siggest you consider an independent medical opinion-

Unless you have a rivate doctor who might be willing to give you this type of IMO for free or little cost- you might need to spend some dough for one.

Medopinions and/ or Dr. BAsh- links to them here -might be able to assess and estimate what one would cost you.

Dr. Bash charged me $2000 for each of two different IMOs.It usually depends on the amount of records and evidence that they need to spend their time on.

I got a good freeby from a former VA doctor as IMO too -

Medopinions -in another potential IMO if I need it- reduced 2200 down to 1750 for me because of the

specific evidence I had and the specific type of IMO (pathology) I needed.

only 7 pieces of evidence tops- and the other IMos -will render that Medop IMO in a week per medops at 1750 bucks.

I know these are costly amounts-

but without a good IMO and a supporting statement from a VA doctor- a vet can end up banging their head against a wall for years.

When and if the Attorney for vets becomes reality (and some dope in Congress -Ron Lewis (Rep- Kentucky) is attempting to dash this bill down,

vets are going to incur legal fees anyhow and a good lawyer might well insist on the vet obtaining an IMO as well in order to represent them well.

I worked for lawyers- they too will want probative evidence-

just like the VA does.

If the VA docs opinion doesn't help your claim (the VA will omit the good parts in a decision sometimes and hone in on anything negative-even in their own docs opinions-

you should begin to consider that you might need an IMO.

Also the nexus has to be well established and that your MOS put you into contamination.

I think Quantico had Agent Orange-

I think there is significant info on the net proving that base housing at Quantico (USMC)is highly contaminated with-if not AO- other chems that have caused disability.

I copied much of this evidence and posted stuff about here at hadit years ago.

Can I prove any Marine was exposed to all this? No- the Marine themselves would have to show how their specific MOS at Quantico exposed them to these chemicals, that this exposure itself was the cause (etiology for) their present disabilities, and they then need to get this nexus fully supported by medical evidence.

Could your private doc write an IMO?

There is a specific criteria for that- VA will reject it if it isnt written right way-

that criteria can be found at hadit.

Edited by Berta

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

• HadIt.com Elder

Capt. Contaminate,

In order for the VA to pay compesation for any residuals you may suffer from possible exposure to any chemicals, you're are going to have to be able to prove a couple of things. First, you are going to have to prove that you were exposed to the chemicals you mentioned in your previous post and then once you have doen that, you'll need to have a doctor state that your current (insert diagnosis) is "at least as likely as not" the result of being exposed to (insert chemical or enviromantal hazard). The doctor will need to explain his rational for how and why he came to such a conclusion, and he MUST review your entire health records to include your SMR's. It will also help your case if you were seen while in the service for any health problems that may have been the result of some type of exposure.

If I'm not mistaken, Ft. Greely was a part of the Project 112 experiments in the 1960's and maybe the 1970's, more specifically "Devil Hole" and "Devil Hole II" in 1965 where Sarin was tested. I didn't find anything about Agent Orange, or any of the other chemical and so forth you mentioned. Not that they didn't happen, but it's a possibility that the DoD hasn't released that informatin yet. Having said that, it looks like you already have some evidence of the above mentioned chemical contaminations.

The VA will pay compensation for this as long as you can proove the above mentioned things I listed.

I hope this helps!

Vike 17