VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA OIG Report - Contract Medical Exam Program Limitations Put Veterans at Risk for Inaccurate Claims Decisions

Rate this question

dwilli12

Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@pacmanx1 Yep.

In the 90's, the BVA remanded my appeal back to the VARO to have C&P exam. However, they went a step further and specifically asked for them to examine any additional disability which were not claimed and to also opine if they were connected to service. The examiners did diagnose a few extra things, but never opined on them. Of course, I filed for several of those issues years later and won SC.

In 2019, I filed for a heart attack. The VAMC C&P cardiologist failed focused on the side effects of a single class of meds, not all of the ones being used to treat SC disabilities. A supplemental C&P from LHI's NP resulted in an opinion on something I did not claim instead of what I claimed. Of course, I won on appeal.

1 hour ago, Vync said:

Of course, I won on appeal.

At that is the problem you should not have to appeal or fight to win any claim. They should learn how to adjudicate a claim right the first time. 

Edited by Richard1954
spelling as usual, Tbird how about a spell checker ?

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
24 minutes ago, Richard1954 said:

At that is the problem you should not have to appeal or fioght to win any claim. They should learn how to adjudicate a claim right the first time. 

Yep - they had one job...