VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

VA OIG Report - Contract Medical Exam Program Limitations Put Veterans at Risk for Inaccurate Claims Decisions

Rate this question

dwilli12

Question

Still playing the Blame game, it's not the VA’s fault it's the Contract examiners fault. If the VA set the guidelines for the examiners to follow and they do not follow them, who fault is it really? If you don’t enforce your own guidelines, then it is really your own fault.

Well a little happy to see that they Are looking at this private contractor stuff now.

I will still tell any veteran that has problems with these places to complaint to Whitehouse hotline.

The complaint is log an if they keep getting them things will change.

First the contract exam wasn't to be used on all claims it was for veterans who did live near a VA hospital.

Because they were complaining about the travel. Look it up.

Now these place are tell all veterans to travel 2 hr away for a exam.

That aint how it is to work.

But some feel disabled veterans need to find away to travel 2 hr away for a 30 min exam.

Not possible for most. I don't care if I can travel 2 hr I am not and told the VA just that.

I have VA hospital 15 min away that has treated me for over 20 years I had over 15 comp exam done at the hospital.

The hospital has a comp and pension department still so why does there contract doctor do the traveling if need be.

Pay them the milage. It ain't helping me.

Well my claims was send to the VA hospital took months but I wasn't doing it.

Now before everyone attack me.  I am.not saying refuse a exam. But you can refuse to travel.

I am a 25 year protected tdiu pt rating.

So yes I press buttons 

Heck I could have told them that,... wait a minute.. I did....And the fact that it is almost impossibe to get a copy of the examiners opinion in a reasonable time period is another issue. I will read this and then post any more ideas, or thoughts I have on the subject.

18 hours ago, Mr cue said:

Now before everyone attack me.  I am.not saying refuse a exam. But you can refuse to travel.

Excellent point, Once they had me go from San Antonio Texas to Temple Texas VA. When I got there they said the exam was rescheduled. I had to get up early drive 3.5 hours to be told the exam was rescheduled. And then they claimed they sent me a letter, I said how about picking up the darn phone and calling me. When I got home, there was a letter in my mailbox canceling the appointment, but not recheduleing it. When I requested travel pay it was denied, because they claim they sent the letter, in soon enough time so that I should not have shown up. The letter was sent the day before by the local va.  I have been called up by the contractors, and told them if they can't get an appointment within a 30 minute drive, forget it.

Edited by Richard1954