Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ACE C&P exams

Rate this question

Richard1954

Question

This is ironic, On monday I was called by the VA from a Lady to do an ACE  C/P exam. You know the one were they call you after reviewing your medical records and ask you a few questions about the conditiion. In this case the  VA had already done an ACE exam, two years ago, the case was returned to the local level by the BVA, so they are doing the same thing all over again.

Today, if you can believe it, I was called for another ACE exam, this was for a new issue, in fact the only issue in the system except the one menitioned above. I claimed GERD , secondary to my COPD medications,  I received a call for a lady at the VA ( Caller ID)  and asked me to verify my birthday, which I did, then she started asking me questions about my GERD. I told her my symptoms, the problems I was having and why I suspected my COPD meds were causing the problem. I asked her was she asked to give a medical opinion, and she would not answer my question. Really, why is it so hard to tell me yes or no.  

I say ironic because as I mentioned in another post, I refused to attend C/P exams that were scheduled by a contractor, in which I refused to go,  mainly because I had not been called by anyone about this, and I don't want my information all over the place.  So now all of a suden I get to ACE exams for the only two claims in the system. Something is not right in Denmark as they say.

I just don't get it anymore.

So now I wonder what were those appointments for that I refused to attend in a strip mall.  The letters did not say so I guess I will never know.

I also did mall the va a letter concerning those appointment on Saturday, its to soon for them to respond, ,if they respond to my questions about the exams at all.

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

On 7/13/2022 at 2:15 PM, pacmanx1 said:

Original or supplemental claim, or claim for increase. When a claimant fails to report for an examination scheduled in conjunction with an original compensation claim, the claim shall be rated based on the evidence of record. When the examination was scheduled in conjunction with any other original claim, a supplemental claim for a benefit which was previously disallowed, or a claim for increase, the claim shall be denied.

So only if it's a original claim can a veteran refuse an exam an then get a decision. Dont think a veteran would have much evidence or doctor reports if they just exit service. Smh

But if it's an increase they can just denied the claim. When a veteran could have a 20 year record an evidence. Crazy

Smh the VA has to many games.

Well as far as my ace exam experience the bva judge order a ace exam even stated in my bva decision if the veteran refuse an exam order a ace exam.

Well it got back to the ro they send it to qtc twice to lhi twice and VA hospital once 

Than after 6 month of that send me a letter from qtc saying I have to report for a exam and if I refuse my claim would be denied.

Well I refuse they still wouldn't denied the claim.

Well after 3 more month of holding a cavc remand I wrote I withdraw the loss of use remand and would like a decision made.

Well the bva said I withdraw the claim so there is no need to address it.

I can't make this up. I am now at the cavc the VA lawyer has already ask for a remand to address all this.

The VA is using the contractor exams to prolong claims.

Ever time the exam isn't complete it sit for 30 days then they will send it out again.

So contractor hold it 30 day it come back to va it sit for 30 days

Then the rater will say something isn't right in the exam.

It's crazy an now they feel even if you have a solid record they don't have to address it.

If you refuse there exam.

You can refuse the exam but it will be a fight getting it return or address.

I am at the cavc try to get it address 

I understand travel issues, as soon as you or any veteran get notification of an upcoming C & P exam, you can contact that provider or clinic and explain your situation. Last year I had two separate LHI exams and I contacted the LHI and informed them that I needed notice to travel to my appointments and that I did not have a driver to take me, and I had problems driving myself. They worked with me, and it took a few months and got me in to see the two different examiners. The exams went well, and I was surprised that I got both examiners to write favorable medical opinions that the VARO ignored. Both claims were continued as is and the VARO denied my request for EEDs. Well, the BVA has already granted one EED with an effective date of early TDIU and the second claim is still pending waiting its turn in line. The way I look at it is don’t give the VA any reason to deny your claim and failing to report for an exam is a sure way to get a denial. It’s been well documented in my records that I have problems making my appointments and having to reschedule multiple times due to travel.

7 minutes ago, Mr cue said:

If you refuse there exam.

You can refuse the exam but it will be a fight getting it return or address.

I am at the cavc try to get it address 

I agree but did you see that even the VA is supposed to review the records and decide on the evidence, see the fact that they can take the easy way out and deny the claim. Which way do you think they will decide? Even the Judge could correct this, but it may still put a thought in their mind that since you are asking for additional benefits, you should not have a problem going to an updated exam. Keep in mind that even though you may have current medical notes, the VA still have the authority to request an update medical opinion. 

14 hours ago, Richard1954 said:

I can't say my primary care are good for anything except refilling pills. My Primary care doctor, won't even refer me to a clinic, he tells me to call my self. The last time I saw him he tried to minister to me, and get me to accept Christ. I am allready a Christian, and don't mind talking about Christ, but he was way out of line, I see him for medical care not moral or spiritual guidance.

You have the right to request for a new primary care team if you feel like that you are not getting the treatment that you are entitled to. 

3 hours ago, Whodat said:

You have the right to request for a new primary care team

Yes I know, but he is a naturlized Korean that served in the Air Force, and my wife is Korean... I don't want to give anyone a reason for him to lose face.  If I am putout by him with a serious issue, I see my Primary care doctor on Fort Hood, they haven't completed refused to see retirees yet.

4 hours ago, pacmanx1 said:

Keep in mind that even though you may have current medical notes, the VA still have the authority to request an update medical opinion.

Well my case is about to be with a cavc  judge next week. So part of my case is about just this hopefully they address it