Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

DBQs Submitted - Now They Want C&P Exams

Rate this question

Top G

Question

I’m a retired US Marine of 20-years service, and currently have a 90% service connected disability rating as of 2009.

Last week I submitted my 6 BDQs for an increase in my disability compensation. Within a day of my submission of VA forms, they evidently reviewed all 6 DBQs and are now asking that I schedule for C&P exams through VES. 

Can I tell the VA that I do not want to go to their exams and ask that they review my claims of my DBQs signed by a medical doctor…and use my submitted medical  records from both my outside doctors and VA doctors?

I just feel like it’s not necessary as I’ve already done what was initially asked and don’t want this taking even longer of a time. I feel they have all they need to base their judgement. 

Appreciate input/recommendations from those more knowledgeable on this than I am. 

5 minutes ago, Dustoff 11 said:

If you don't go to their almost mandatory C&P exams you have a lot to lose IMHO.  I have almost always over 30 years had to attend C&P exams in order to win my claims and appeals even with very strong favorable and supporting medical evidence.

I believe you will not win an increase rating with out attending.

Even with all the evidence.

Increase rating and original claim there is no way around there exams.

Just my opinion 

• Greeter

I’m glad that you are prepared. Sounds like you got your ducks in a row. Unfortunately the va wants you to go to the exam. You have every right to cancel but I suggest in playing the game. Just make sure the examiner reads your dbqs or are submitted so they can do so. Sounds like you have everything in order. Best of luck.

As a follow-up with the final decision of my claim, without attending the VA's C&P exams....I did receive an increase in my VA service-connected disability rating from 90% to 100% P&T with backpay.  

I do appreciate all the help I received along the way.  Semper Fi!

Edited by Top G

I am so happy for you and your achievements. I know that some on the site says you must attend the exam. I have seen some Vets go through R** **** and gotten dbq's.  The Vets were also told that if the VA calls and schedule a c&p exam, schedule an exam but do not go. This organization had put in a letter stating the regs about exams and current DBQ. The Vets that used this organization are all now in the 100 mile club. 

Congratulations 

The VA makes the rules and we are required to go by their rules.

It seems that you want to be allowed to circumvent VA's rules and make your own rules.

I guess that you can do that, but if you want the increase, then be willing to put in the time that it takes to comply with VA's rules or be prepared for a denial and a long drawn out appeal.

7 hours ago, jamescripps2 said:

The VA makes the rules and we are required to go by their rules.

It seems that you want to be allowed to circumvent VA's rules and make your own rules

Didn't the poster get the outcome he was look for.

By handling his appeal or claim the way he feel fit.

The site is veterans helping veterans that hadit with the VA.