Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Am I screwed?

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

I want to thank all of the Vets that had fought for the PACT. I salute you. No emoji for salute. 

I am one of the old brain washed retired vet. I didn't ride sickcall while on active duty and my stubbornness still continued until I couldn't take anymore pain. 

I was deployed in the area's of BP exposure. I did not complain while in service even though the symptoms were there. I started complaining about my symptoms maybe 10 or 11 years after retirement. I have had a CT scan due to migraines, it was found that I do have a sinus problem. I am getting treatment. Is this work claiming or another denial waiting to happen because it didn't manifest in the presumptive period. 

Great question, I logged on to ask a similar question so I'll stand down and see what the experts have to say, so far as I know from the research I have done the term "manifest" is not defined. As a layperson my understanding is when the symptoms appeared not necessarily when they were diagnosed, otherwise the language in my opinion should have simply stated "presumptive connection shall be granted for diagnosed conditions within 10 years". 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I am not certain because I have not read the final bill or seen how the VA plans to "interpret" it into M21-1... The way they crafted the Caluza elements and associating limited manifestation windows are pro-VA, not pro-veteran.

Why does it has to a manifest time of period? Everyone body is different. You can catch covid 1 day after exposure. Or longer. But you have been exposed to it. 

Military, exposure, number 1

2 Diagnosis, oh you got a bad bug. 

3. Nexus. Later on down the road you got rhinitis but not service. No continuity or complaints while in service. If so, chronic is not recorded. 

4 minutes ago, Whodat said:

Why does it has to a manifest time of period? Everyone body is different. You can catch covid 1 day after exposure. Or longer. But you have been exposed to it. 

Military, exposure, number 1

2 Diagnosis, oh you got a bad bug. 

3. Nexus. Later on down the road you got rhinitis but not service. No continuity or complaints while in service. If so, chronic is not recorded. 

I agree and we know in structuring it this way it is about the money. In every other instance the VA is said to reply upon fact specific data related to an individual and his/her symptoms and diagnosis, yet the Congress here has established an arbitrary window of manifestation when each persons body is in fact different. It is in my opinion extremely harmful that they don't account for military culture in making these decisions, as a Marine and leader of men, my career would have been in the toilet if I lived at sick call. I choose career at the time and now all of those who did like myself are paying the price still.

I don't have a salute icon. I salute you brother. Even though I am Army JSOC but we are/were fighting for the same. OUR Freedom/OUR Country/Our Rights 

29 minutes ago, Whodat said:

I don't have a salute icon. I salute you brother. Even though I am Army JSOC but we are/were fighting for the same. OUR Freedom/OUR Country/Our Rights 

Back at you brother and best of luck, truly hoping some of the seasoned wizards jump in shortly and drop knowledge.