VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Award All Claims!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfMAR07/nf031407-3.htm

Makes sense to me-

"The woman pictured on this page, Prof. Linda Bilmes of Harvard, could turn out to be a veteran's best friend.

Bilmes has proposed a unique system: Approve all VA disability claims and then let auditors sort it out from there...just like the IRS.

Bilmes did this some time ago in an article she wrote...that here...

http://www.vawatchdog.org/07/nf07/nfJAN07/nf010607-1.htm "

Sorry if this info was already posted here-

My pages straightened out but now my font has changed.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

it makes to much sense and they can't control the budget that way, besides the review of the 2100 PTSD claims 2 years ago showed them it wasn't fraud on the part of the veterans that was the problem, it was sloppy paperwork on the part of the VARO employees, and then the Service Organizations won't be able to say see what we GOT you don't you want to become a life memebr now? I wonder if Congress will have enough votes to shove this down the throat of all concerned it would be better for the veterans

This would be good. However, it could cause budget problems. The fix is to have the VA to simply rate claims in accordance with 38 CFR and stop all this subjective bull crap they currently use. If a veteran provides evidence of in service occurance, medical evidence of a current disability and an IMO providing the effects of the disability on the vet then if the idiots would simply apply 38 CFR using M21R you would see the current 600,000 pending claims drop by at least 75 percent. Initinal claims that contain the above would be completed in about 60 days. Its a simple thing that is needed and it is hard to understand why in the H$$L they have not done it. JMHO

• HadIt.com Elder

This is about the dumbest idea I've ever heard. If you think there's a backlog now, just implement this stupid idea and watch the remaning 23 million veterans not receiving disability compensation file claims!!!! The system is already overloaded with far fetched claims, why in the world make it worse?!?!? The so-called auditors would need years trying to sift through the bogus crap, in turn costing the tax payers billions of dollars in man hours and unjust compensation being paid until they audit the claim. The Government would end up spending 10 times more money in man hours trying to deal with that backlog than they're with the current one.

The person that came up with this idea needs to have their head examined!

Vike 17

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree Vike, there is not enough money in the budget to do that. It would take an increase to get it done and the people who hold the purse strings are not going to allow it.

The time it takes to verify evidence is the cause of the backlog. If they find a method to make that step easier that would decrease claim timing.

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not think that the VA had to budget for paying claims. If they do than that means the delays are part of their budget process.

soo if i got this rite a vet can just say im 100% disabled and they send the check,, yes we will have 23 milllion more claims coming in..

oh ya by the way can i get house bound,,, aid and attendence,,oh maybe smc-k dont wana be gready you know..how bout some ILP