Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this question

Waitingtoolongdave

Question

Hello everyone! After 7 long years, I was finally granted service connection on May 13th of this year for a lumbar injury and sciatic nerve paralysis. After calling the VA hotline a few times, I've been told my issues are in the "decision phase."

However, a 3rd issue was remanded. I have a c&p exam scheduled for the remanded issue on October 31st. 

My question is: Will they issue a rating and award for the 2 issues already granted or will they wait for the remanded issue to be adjudicated before I see a rating and award?

There is a fast letter stating, to the effect, that, if you have a claim decided with multiple issues, some of which are granted, and others denied or remanded, the varo is SUPPOSED to pay you for the items granted, and "not" delay for the denied or remanded issues.  

If you want to see the fast letter do a search for fast letters "partial grants" or similar.  

For many of these, throughout Covid, we've been issuing partial rating decisions on what we can, and deferring the parts that can't be, unless they are intertwined or dependent on one another. That's at our RO, though. 

1 hour ago, Waitingtoolongdave said:

So, you believe I should be getting a rating on the 2 issues that were granted and do the remanded one separately?

At our RO, yes. I don't know if it's left up to the RO, though. 

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

There is a fast letter stating, to the effect, that, if you have a claim decided with multiple issues, some of which are granted, and others denied or remanded, the varo is SUPPOSED to pay you for the items granted, and "not" delay for the denied or remanded issues.  

If you want to see the fast letter do a search for fast letters "partial grants" or similar.  

V.ii.3.B.1.c, but basically the whole section, starting with B.1.a

Edited by brokensoldier244th