Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Large win on QUE Claim / High Level Review

Rate this topic

Rattler

• Community Owner
15 hours ago, GBArmy said:

Rattler I agree with all; job well done. We really like to hear these success stories because it shows if we do 9it right, keep at it, we can win! Congrats!!! (Keep it in the bank for a while and then make decisions on how you are going to handle it. It's a lot of money but when you pay off some debts and loans etc., if you're like the most of us what's left has to last you so think it thru IMHO.)

Great minds think alike GB

• Community Owner
7 hours ago, Tbird said:

Actually @pacmanx1caught it and let me know. I saw handwritten name and address and name and address on another item. Can’t be to careful.

Tbird I went and looked at the attachment and it did not contain any ID info. Not that it matters as it only contained the amount and date of the award that was sated in the post. 

Edited by Rattler767

• HadIt.com Elder
6 hours ago, Rattler767 said:

You know Lemuel you mad me think too. I am working on getting my right ratting for my Knees, Hips, Right Shoulder, and right wrist. I go for an IMO and DBQ's on this Friday the 21st to off set the bad C & P Exams the VA did on them.  I was disabled by more than one doc in 2008 and was awarded SSDI in 2009.  From what you said that means the VA should pay me back to UI when the Social Security Disabled me. Then Rate me for the Right Shoulder, and right wrist back to 1982 and possibly Fibromyalgia back to 1993.

My EED went to before my SSDI.  You have a better case than mine.  I worked for more than poverty wage at part-time with significant allowances for my condition because an LA movie actor was willing to pay what the VA was not willing to pay.  He would have hired someone to do the work I was not able to do and keep me on the pay roll.  That was too much for me.  My SSDI was 1990, the end of that part-time employment when I left.  It took 6 years and hospitalization for a suicide attempt to get the SSDI because I quit instead of being fired for not being able to do a part-time job working more than 40 hours a week.  That is being at work more than 40 hours a week.  SSDI can be quirky too.

congrats my friend! this is terrific news. so happy to hear things finally were done correctly

take a break for a min and rest before jumping back on the merry/hamster wheel. enjoy your win! go on a cruise!!! 

well deserved!

• Community Owner

Lemuel

I wanted to thank you for sharing one of the amounts in back pay. The only reason I put mine out there was because most VSO will scare vets from going for an EED because they will lose there current ratting.  I wanted others to see how much back pay is out there if they pursue it.  I had a vet that I helped go from 40% PTSD to 70% with 100% UI. He wouldn't pursue it because the barracks layers keep putting the fear of losing his ratting. He left around $90,000.00 in back pay because of it.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use