Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva

Rate this question

Stayfocus

Question

The 24 month wait time for bva direct review, is that from appeal docket number?

I am 515 days into a direct review for eed, still waiting to be assigned to a judge.

Can you share where you got that timeframe.

6 hours ago, Freedom101 said:

1800-923-8387

Make sure that you note the time and how the person answers the phone. They are on East Coast Time and close around 4:30 est. When calling this number, it will state The Board of Veteran Appeals but the person answering the phone may state The Department of Veteran Affairs because this number will roll over and connect you to The National Call Center 1 (80) 827-1000. 

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

1 hour ago, pacmanx1 said:

Make sure that you note the time and how the person answers the phone. They are on East Coast Time and close around 4:30 est. When calling this number, it will state The Board of Veteran Appeals but the person answering the phone may state The Department of Veteran Affairs because this number will roll over and connect you to The National Call Center 1 (80) 827-1000

Sorry, I called before call would be rolled over, it still transfers to national call center.

We are in a no win situation.

Try the number again at different times.  Very often, when they are overloaded, the overload goes to the call center.  Try early AM, lunch time, just before closing, etc.  Suprisingly, persistence often wins when giving up usually does not.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Try the number again at different times.  Very often, when they are overloaded, the overload goes to the call center.  Try early AM, lunch time, just before closing, etc.  Suprisingly, persistence often wins when giving up usually does not.  

👍

On 3/23/2023 at 9:31 AM, Stayfocus said:

👍

Just wanted to follow up. Currently sitting at 2 yrs and 7 months, have you had any movement? Mine is still pending and now they are telling me possibly 3 yrs to 3 1/2 yrs to finalize. 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder
17 hours ago, Freedom101 said:

Just wanted to follow up. Currently sitting at 2 yrs and 7 months, have you had any movement? Mine is still pending and now they are telling me possibly 3 yrs to 3 1/2 yrs to finalize. 

The military helped us understand "Hurry up and wait", but the delays we endure takes it to the next level. If you are in a hardship situation or terminally ill, you can ask the VA to advance your appeal in line.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.