Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical studies

Rate this question

Whodat

Question

I have a future appointment with my podiatrist. Being that doctors are so busy they will not write a nexus letter. I am writing one and is pretty much done. I hope that he will read and sign.  

Where I am stuck is medical studies. Is there a up to date site for medical studies for flat feet causes knee pain? Google isn't friendly, I am getting old studies.

Help me brothers and sisters.

35 minutes ago, Vync said:

Have you considered getting a nexus from an ortho doc?

The appointment is actually with my Ortho doc. The bad thing is that he is a VA Ortho and VA docs do not like to write a nexus. 

I even tried asking him by myhealthevet message if my knee pain is as least as likely as not my knee pain is caused by my flat feet. He said that he will discuss that the day that I have my appointment. 

So, there conceded that it’s military but not what you claimed. You could cite the c&p and claim it less specifically, too. General is better, let the doc( or in this case the examiner) do the work, which they did. The issue was likely more claiming it specifically to pes, through the rather should have caught that under “maximize benefit”. I’m not a rater, though. Almost was, then turned it down. I’d rather work the claims to the Nth degree so they are as bullet proof as they can be with what I have to work with. 

36 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

So, there conceded that it’s military but not what you claimed. You could cite the c&p and claim it less specifically, too. General is better, let the doc( or in this case the examiner) do the work, which they did. The issue was likely more claiming it specifically to pes, through the rather should have caught that under “maximize benefit”. I’m not a rater, though. Almost was, then turned it down. I’d rather work the claims to the Nth degree so they are as bullet proof as they can be with what I have to work with. 

Great info Broken. I claimed knee conditions secondary to pes planus. I guess that the examiner found it to be direct instead of secondary. She did put in the note, is due to an injury while in service.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

@WhodatWell, to quote that old tune:

The foot bone is connected to the ankle bone.
The ankle bone is connected to the shin bone.
The shin bone is connected to the knee bone.

Sorry if that was cheesy, but that does resemble how secondary claims work. Messed up feet mess up your gait. Gait can also be altered by use of assisted devices like a cane or walker. Improper gait can mess up related joints further along. I got a jacked up gait due to my DDD in my spine plus an invalid curvature.

My hips ache, knees too. Have not filed for them yet though... Just some ideas for you to consider.

1 hour ago, brokensoldier244th said:

“maximize benefit”

I really enjoy when you mention this because it has very rarely happened to me... Good reminder though!

3 hours ago, Vync said:

@WhodatWell, to quote that old tune:

The foot bone is connected to the ankle bone.
The ankle bone is connected to the shin bone.
The shin bone is connected to the knee bone.

Sorry if that was cheesy, but that does resemble how secondary claims work. Messed up feet mess up your gait. Gait can also be altered by use of assisted devices like a cane or walker. Improper gait can mess up related joints further along. I got a jacked up gait due to my DDD in my spine plus an invalid curvature.

My hips ache, knees too. Have not filed for them yet though... Just some ideas for you to consider.

I really enjoy when you mention this because it has very rarely happened to me... Good reminder though!