Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA Wait Time Changed Again

Rate this question

pacmanx1

Question

Well, it looks like someone at the VA/BVA has been playing with crayons or markers. They have increased the Decision Review Time, but it is still outdated because a lot of us are still beyond this time frame.

https://www.bva.va.gov/images/appeals/ama-appeal-adc-adp-small.jpg 

Decision wait times - Board of Veterans' Appeals (va.gov)

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

Your attorney is going to sit on it for a minute to make it worthwhile.  Like Mr.cue stated why not do a writ? Your lawyer isn't going to get the ball rolling, only you. 

13 minutes ago, Whodat said:

Your attorney is going to sit on it for a minute to make it worthwhile.  Like Mr.cue stated why not do a writ? Your lawyer isn't going to get the ball rolling, only you. 

Because if I were to do a writ, my attorney would be notified.

They have the option to sever ties with me at that point 

Just now, Stayfocus said:

Because if I were to do a writ, my attorney would be notified.

They have the option to sever ties with me at that point 

I was already awarded eed back to 2017, my attorneys have already been paid.

They don’t stand anything to gain by stalling 

1 hour ago, Stayfocus said:

I was already awarded eed back to 2017, my attorneys have already been paid.

They don’t stand anything to gain by stalling 

What I mean is, 20 years of backpay 20% to attorney, stalling is pointless 

BVA decisions, a lot of times when the BVA first grants a veteran’s appeal, it does so without them assigning the veteran an effective date and or a rating percentage and remands the veteran’s appeal back to the VARO where they are supposed to implement them but in many cases the VARO either low balls the veteran’s rating and or screw up the veteran’s effective date causing the veteran to file a new appeal going back to the BVA.

This time the BVA will review the veteran’s decision and the BVA may grant the veteran’s appeal or the BVA may order the veteran an increase to correct the rating percentage and or correct the effective date and then remand it back to the VARO where the VARO is supposed to re-adjudicate the appeal and assign a correct rating percentage and or an effective date but the VARO can still deny the veteran’s appeal causing the veteran to file a new appeal and this could take some time that we call the “Hamster Wheel” for the veteran to try to get his/her correct rating percentage and or correct effective date.

The VA knows or at least believes that some veterans will just give up and it will save them money. You do not have to believe me, but you can bet that some bean counter somewhere has figured that some veterans will just give up and or some veterans will just die before their claims/appeals get properly corrected and awarded.  

It's hard to win when the VA keeps moving the goal post.

Edited by pacmanx1

My intentions are to help, my advice maybe wrong, be your own advocate and know what is in your C-File and the 38 CFR that governs your disabilities and conditions.

Do your own homework. No one knows the veteran’s symptoms like the veteran. Never Give Up.

I do not give my consent for anyone to view my personal VA records.

18 hours ago, Mr cue said:

My ? Is why do veterans wait two years.

After 365 days I would do a writ.

At the least it get the appeal moving again. 

The court might even make the VA respond.

What is a writ and how do I go about filing one?