Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Pain

Rate this question

30percentermovingup

Question

Hello, my question is does VA have a specific disability for pain? I just finished a VA disability for ankles, knees and hips. I got it but there was no mention of pain or a disability rating for it. I know people who get disability for pain but apparently that is not a clear and easy way to apply for it from what I am seeing on search.

Can anyone guide me on this?

Thank you.

• Adminstrator
5 minutes ago, 30percentermovingup said:

Trust me when they moved it or I moved it, they heard pain. I just don't think they gave it to me is all. I am 58 but walk like a crippled 90 year old. Thanks for your help.

I am sure they did, but unless you say it hurts they do not put it in the report.  

You got this!

4 minutes ago, 30percentermovingup said:

Trust me when they moved it or I moved it, they heard pain. I just don't think they gave it to me is all. I am 58 but walk like a crippled 90 year old. Thanks for your help.

I am sure that they have heard pain. Probably seen it to by facial expressions. No doubt. Like Shrek has mentioned was the range of motion. You will have to see your c&p exam to see what was recorded for your rom.

Now did your examiner use a goinemeter (sp) to measure your room are just eyeballed it?

12 minutes ago, Whodat said:

I am sure that they have heard pain. Probably seen it to by facial expressions. No doubt. Like Shrek has mentioned was the range of motion. You will have to see your c&p exam to see what was recorded for your rom.

Now did your examiner use a goinemeter (sp) to measure your room are just eyeballed it?

I'm a nurse and positive he did not. He just eyeballed it.

3 minutes ago, shrekthetank1 said:

this is the crap that we have to fight.  

I'm not doing much complaining. I didn't even file for 30 years after the fact because I am not one to take. I deserve it now and will fight for what I didn't think I should have.

• HadIt.com Elder

For those with chronic pain I would file a claim for depression based on chronic pain.  Think about it!  You hurt bad all the time.  You can't do the things you used to do.  Your sleep is poor due to pain.  You may be on opiates for pain which have depression effects and syndromes.  VA considers chronic pain to be a syndrome that is compensable, but I like to roll that into a depression claim.  You won't get 100% for chronic pain but you can get it for depression.  If you can't go in the front door then go in the window.