Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Chronic Pain

Rate this question

30percentermovingup

Question

Hello, my question is does VA have a specific disability for pain? I just finished a VA disability for ankles, knees and hips. I got it but there was no mention of pain or a disability rating for it. I know people who get disability for pain but apparently that is not a clear and easy way to apply for it from what I am seeing on search.

Can anyone guide me on this?

Thank you.

• Adminstrator
56 minutes ago, 30percentermovingup said:

Nah the internet put too much on my plate lol. Made me a little information overload. Yes that is what I will do though. I will challenge these and then file for my others. Although does anyone know if I can challege a va decision and at the same time have a new claim. The next claim is for depression lower mid and upper back? Thanks.

yes you sure can

• HadIt.com Elder

30%

Do you have complete loss of use hands and feet?  That is what is takes for SMC.  Ask James here about that.  I have 40% rating on feet and hands but no extra money for that.  You keep going and don't let anyone discourage you.  Things fall into place in time.  We don't want to lose the use of our hands and feet but if we do we have a right to compensation.

3 hours ago, 30percentermovingup said:

Actually the regs read if you do as good or better with a prosthetic then it's loss of use. A few criteria but that is the one I will use for both, I can't walk without my orthotics (AFO), I can't use my hands without my carpel tunnel braces.

As far as loss of use of feet, do you wear AFOs? Were the AFOs issued by the VA? What was the reason that the AFOs were issued? Were you diagnosed with drop foot?

As far as the hands, are you showing any type of claw hand condition? Have you lost any or all of the tissue of the hands between the thumb and the forefinger? Do you have pinch grip?

FYI, You might want to go over to the hadit forums and read the M, O, R-1, and R-2 threads. There is a lot posted there about drop foot, loss of use and qualifying for the SMC higher awards.

Loss of use of two hands and loss of use of two feet, ben there and done that to include ten years of R-1 / R/2 retro.