Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

SMC

Rate this question

allansc2005

Question

My doctor's social worker video conferenced me last week before submitting a SMC request to the VA, which my doctor signed.

Does this work the same as any claim whereas I will need to go to a C&P exam?

Is there back pay associated with an approved SMC-R claim, and if so, how far back do they go?

Thanks

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!

If we are break or lunch it is authorized. Otherwise, you could have reported it to someone. *shrug*

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

59 minutes ago, brokensoldier244th said:

If we are break or lunch it is authorized. Otherwise, you could have reported it to someone. *shrug*

True but todays people are already struggling. I will not be the cause for someone to lose their job. So I just left it alone. 

Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. 🙂

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• Community Owner
On 2/22/2023 at 2:57 PM, Whodat said:

If all of your treatments are done at your VAMC, it should already be in your records. Why submit something that is already there. Now outside of VA care, yes submit it. Even though the VA was suppose to assist by getting records from outside sources but we all know that today's people are lazy. Wants more pay but do not want to do for what they are getting paid for to do.

So yes, make it easy for them by you doing all of the leg work while they are getting paid to push a button that says granted or denied. 

So hears the reason why you submit VA Doc records when you submit your claim. To do a "fully developed claim."

The first vet I helped get his benefits. (This was before I ever got mine) Lets call him Ray.

Ray got out of the Army / National Guard after 32 years in 2013. When he got out he started to go to the VA for MH for PTSD. He got ratted at 30%.  He also got approved for SSDI in 2014 via a letter that his MH doc wrote for him.  I had known ray through one of his relation for about 15 years. When I ran into him again he was living in someone's barn on a mattress using propane heaters and an electric cord for lights in October. At that time he had no less than 4 VSO from 2014 to 2017 file a claim for an increases by filing only on form and no supporting paperwork. He got denied each time. We started in October 2017 I had him get all his military records.  WE went down to the local VA hospital and had them printout his VA MH records. When I reviewed his VA records I found the statement where his MH doctor stated that he was Unemployable. So I put together a fully developed packet. (MH letter and others) We submitted it on December 28,2017. On February 2, 2018 the VA upped his PTSD from 30% to 100% UI P & T. Because no one took the time to go through his MH records and pull out only the ones that related to what he was asking for. 

The way I do it is I submit only the records out of the VA file that relates to what you are seeking regardless of if the are in your VA claims file or not. I also submit any other records like your doc outside of the VA's along with the form for the claim and tell the VA its a fully developed claim.

Exactly, Rattler.   Sometimes Veterans sabatoge their own claims.   "In sufficient evidence" is pretty much a guaranteed denial.  

This term (insufficent evidence, or no evidence) when used in a decision is Veteran's advocatespeak for:

"You need to provide the evidence and claim 38 CFR 3.156 (new evidence)" to fix the denial OR, even better, provide all the evidence the first time.  

If you dont have time to provide all the evidence the first time, when are you gonna have time to do it all over on appeal?

In the 25+ years I have been "working up" my own Fully Developed Claims, I can say: 1. I won ALL those claims. 2. The VA never had to ask me for more information. 3. The claims were settled pretty fast for VA standards.

In addition to the above, I also won a CUE(thank you Berta) by gathering and submitting all necessary records, documents, past cases..etc.

So these things worked for me.

OK, off my soapbox.

So later on sometime I will post that "Disclaimer" reading "I am not a lawyer, VA employee.., and the information, advice, suggestions.., I provide may not work for everyone..."

Allan 2-2-0 HOOAH!