Jump to content
VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

 Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

 Click To Read Current Posts  

  Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024-2.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Grants/Remands

Rate this question


Stayfocus

Question

Does anyone have experience with the new BVA grant/remand system?

Once BVA grants, or remands an appeal, that appeal is no longer transferred back to AOJ.

Instead, they are routed somewhere else for implementation, thereby shortening the prior timeframe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Moderator
19 hours ago, Stayfocus said:

Does anyone have experience with the new BVA grant/remand system?

Once BVA grants, or remands an appeal, that appeal is no longer transferred back to AOJ.

Instead, they are routed somewhere else for implementation, thereby shortening the prior timeframe.

Sorry my friend, I have been to the Board several times and there are still no accountable time frames. My first BVA grant/remand implementation took about eleven (11) months. My second BVA grant/remand took eleven (11) months, but the VARO recertified it back to the BVA without implementing which caused my third BVA grant/remand, new BVA order to be returned and not sure where or how but it was implemented within ten (10) working days form the new decision and my retro was in my account. Of course, this new decision was placed on the AOD (Advancement on the Docket) due to an AE (Administrative Error). So, your guess is no better than ours.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
29 minutes ago, pacmanx1 said:

Sorry my friend, I have been to the Board several times and there are still no accountable time frames. My first BVA grant/remand implementation took about eleven (11) months. My second BVA grant/remand took eleven (11) months, but the VARO recertified it back to the BVA without implementing which caused my third BVA grant/remand, new BVA order to be returned and not sure where or how but it was implemented within ten (10) working days form the new decision and my retro was in my account. Of course, this new decision was placed on the AOD (Advancement on the Docket) due to an AE (Administrative Error). So, your guess is no better than ours.

This is why this website is great, the experience and knowledge of other veterans.

Thank you for your response.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0

The BVA does remand back to the AOJ. In the case of a grant, it still goes back to the AOJ to be assigned a percentage so it can be implemented.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 3/26/2023 at 9:10 PM, jamescripps2 said:

The BVA does remand back to the AOJ. In the case of a grant, it still goes back to the AOJ to be assigned a percentage so it can be implemented.

I know AOJ/RO are the same. What is DROC?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Stayfocus said:

I know AOJ/RO are the same. What is DROC?

Don't know. I have not heard of DROC.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
  • Moderator
5 hours ago, Stayfocus said:

What is DROC?

Decision Review Operation Centers, they deal with AMAs and HLRs. There are several, I think about three or four scattered around the nation.

Edited by pacmanx1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use