Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Grants/Remands

Rate this question

Stayfocus

Question

Does anyone have experience with the new BVA grant/remand system?

Once BVA grants, or remands an appeal, that appeal is no longer transferred back to AOJ.

Instead, they are routed somewhere else for implementation, thereby shortening the prior timeframe.

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

On 3/26/2023 at 9:10 PM, jamescripps2 said:

The BVA does remand back to the AOJ. In the case of a grant, it still goes back to the AOJ to be assigned a percentage so it can be implemented.

I asked that question because, according to a well known veterans advocate law firm, grants and remands from the board are being routed to Droc for faster turnaround.

I was granted two claims in 2022. One was in June and the other was in October. Both were sent back to the RO for implementation

1 hour ago, jamescripps2 said:

I was granted two claims in 2022. One was in June and the other was in October. Both were sent back to the RO for implementation

👍

On 3/25/2023 at 9:11 PM, Stayfocus said:

Does anyone have experience with the new BVA grant/remand system?

Once BVA grants, or remands an appeal, that appeal is no longer transferred back to AOJ.

Instead, they are routed somewhere else for implementation, thereby shortening the prior timeframe.

when did this start? i had no idea?!?!?! thats actually a good thing i would think...

On 4/3/2023 at 12:47 AM, jamescripps2 said:

mine was too....i only had one in 2022....i have one sitting now for EED waiting on docket...if/when that happens ill see if i can remember to come back and comment on if it got sent back to RO