Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

ATTENTION TO ALL VETERANS, SERVICE MEMBERS, DEPENDANTS!

Rate this question

13fHankins

Question

THIS IS NOT A QUESTION. ITS A NOTICE!!!!!!

I  write to inform ALL SERVICE MEMBERS about a Congressional Bill that might cause major policy changes possibly affecting VA beneficiaries and their dependents. This Bill attempts to implement policies that will end VA benefits for all of us Veterans, earning over a certain amount yearly (Including; employment wages, SSDI/SSA, Retirement outside the military, etc.). THIS IS APPLICABLE TO ALL HOUSEHOLD MEMBERS!!!!

I have attached a document going into details on this topic, as well as provided links for fact checking. Though Angry Cops (youtube) gives a lot of information. please, please, PLEASE read the attachment. This will affect us all: regardless of military status, Including all dependents'

It would behoove for all to be proactive on this subject, and annoy your representatives. Please use my file as a template if you plan on reaching out to your state representatives, and change what you need. I want to fight for my brothers and sisters, especially being that our politicians wont.

share to all of your contacts (military, dependents, and civilian), as not enough of us are aware of the suck coming down. All details are in the PDF file. I am attempting to bring as many eyes to the stupidity of the political fuckery and if possible bring it to a halt. We have a laundry list of problems when ETSing, and don't need any additional

STAY FROSTY 

Politicians Attempting To End Benifits .pdf

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Three of the links on the PDF are simply recommendations from the Congressional Budget Office (CBO). Please keep in mind the CBO does not write the bills which may eventually become law. They simply submit recommendations to Congress on ways to cut or reduce spending on government programs. Some may also define a cut as a reduction of future growth (i.e. instead of increasing something by 5%, they only increase it by 4.9%). Actual lawmakers in the House and Senate simply take the CBO recommendations under advisement.

For decades, the CBO has constantly made recommendations like this regarding VA benefits. Veterans and others who love those who served get panicked and stirred into action to contact their representatives. It is very rare for Congress to intentionally cut anything related to the VA because they would have to answer to their constituents, thus those kind of sweeping cuts rarely happen.

However, sometimes things do get zapped by proactively ensuring some benefit continue and letting it expire. The VA Caregiver coverage issue recently was gutted to a degree, but when the word got out then it was eventually put back into effect. The "Choice Act" for vets to get treatment in the community also was tagged with an expiration date, but eventually morphed into the "Mission Act". However, there is still way too much red tape, overhead, and delays. As a vet who takes advantage of Community Care, they need to cut that red tape and simply give the vet a card so they can get the care they need immediately when and where they need it, instead of having to go through a convoluted process of getting referrals and extremely delayed approvals with expiration dates on the benefits. We should not be forced to grovel just to continue getting care which is much more convenient, effective, and timely for us.

I watched the YouTube video linked in the PDF. Gotta hand it to the guy with over a million subscribers, he is definitely getting views and likes on this video which can help put some dollars in his pocket... I am a firm believer in freedom of speech 🇺🇸. More power to him.

However, keep an eye on the bills which make it out of the VA committees or budget committees and see if they increase, decrease, or reduce the amount of increase to VA budgets -and- actually get passed into law.

"If it's stupid but works, then it isn't stupid."
- From Murphy's Laws of Combat

Disclaimer: I am not a legal expert, so use at own risk and/or consult a qualified professional representative. Please refer to existing VA laws, regulations, and policies for the most up to date information.

Who knows? 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

These CBO options have been flying around for decades, always with the same result.  Zilch.  

And, always for the same reasons:  Any politician supporting an "anti Veteran" bill just signed his resignation from congress.  Its political suicide to insult the 30 million or so Veterans, and their families, and Veterans advocates.  

As already pointed out this is the (congressional budget office) recommendations, its not a proposed legislation.  

I will apologize if someone can provide a link to a house/senate bill which proposes cutting Veterans or social security benefits.  But those are not one.  I am unaware of any proposed legislation to cut Veterans or senior benefits, those rumors are often involved with "political gain" by attacking their opponents, and have no substance.  

Hadit's policy is not to venture off on a political arena, there are other sites to express one's political opinion's.  

I will be watching this post, and if it becomes a political discussion, I will close it, and so will most/all of the other moderators.  

3 hours ago, broncovet said:

These CBO options have been flying around for decades, always with the same result.  Zilch.  

And, always for the same reasons:  Any politician supporting an "anti Veteran" bill just signed his resignation from congress.  Its political suicide to insult the 30 million or so Veterans, and their families, and Veterans advocates.  

As already pointed out this is the (congressional budget office) recommendations, its not a proposed legislation.  

I will apologize if someone can provide a link to a house/senate bill which proposes cutting Veterans or social security benefits.  But those are not one.  I am unaware of any proposed legislation to cut Veterans or senior benefits, those rumors are often involved with "political gain" by attacking their opponents, and have no substance.  

Hadit's policy is not to venture off on a political arena, there are other sites to express one's political opinion's.  

I will be watching this post, and if it becomes a political discussion, I will close it, and so will most/all of the other moderators.  

Only apple to wealthy high earning veterans.

But it doesn't- because its not a bill, and won't become a bill. Its better to shut things like this down before they start to spread and become 'fact'. Im sure that guy on YT is making a killing but he's spreading falsehoods that others who don't know better will believe, and then tell their friends, etc. That's how rumors become 'facts'. 

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)