VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% granted, yet claim not closed?????

Rate this question

GulfWarVet1990

Question

I was recently rated 100% (scheduler and PT)1 Feb 2023, received letter and retro, but my claim is still open on the va website and ebenefits.. Is this normal, or just a delay updating the website. Thanks

5 answers to this question

Just now, GulfWarVet1990 said:

I was recently rated 100% (scheduler and PT)1 Feb 2023, received letter and retro, but my claim is still open on the va website and ebenefits.. Is this normal, or just a delay updating the website. Thanks

Sounds like a delay in system

2 hours ago, GulfWarVet1990 said:

Ebenefits is not reliable and is always one of the last web sites to be updated. With that said, there are times when the VA may pay out a veteran's claim but fail to include the veteran's pay for his/her dependent(s) at the higher rating. I would not worry so much about it. Especially if you already received your Official Letter and your correct retro payment. 

Yes, I have gotten an initial Award Letter and retro payment for my rating decision and then a second award letter including my dependents that the VA forgot and left off. 

Edited by pacmanx1

Congratulations on your win.  Spend your retro wisely.  Often, Vets have "gone without" for so long, they get a deposit, and its "off shopping" without a plan.  

Sure, buy some things you need.  But remember, this is probably the last "windfall" you will get in your lifetime.  

I got retro in 2020, and, gave some, invested some, and splurged some.  ..a balance.  

A plan is a good idea.  

Mine was something like:

Gifts. 10 percent.  

Investments 70 percent.  

Home repairs/improvements/ maintenance etc. 10 percent.  

I recently insulated my home and installed gutters.  In a previous retro, I put in a new HVAC (furnace) system.  This may include things like a new transmission, or other car repairs to get it up to snuff.  I have bought cars, but those are mostly bought with "income" not taken out of retro.  It makes no sense to pay off my 3 percent car loan by liquidating investments averaging better than 10 percent per year.  

Toys 10 percent.  This includes cars, tools, RV's, etc. etc.  

Of course, as Shrek and Pacman agree, dont rely upon ebenefits.  VA is supposed to have gotten better with that, but they have supposed to improve other things, too, and sometimes it works "in reverse".  

I understand you may be able to download and print the (decision letter), so I would try that first.  

Yes, actually I do ASDF, I have one at BVA and another increase in "preparation for decision". 

Thanks so much all. @broncovet Your plan sounds great. Sow, Reap, Repeat is my mantra.