Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim consolidate

Rate this question

Goofy

Question

A few questions.

I filed a claim for my increase rating of hypertension and heart attack secondary.  So months later when I put in some pact act claim they moved  like 5 conditions into this claim.  I called the Va and she confirmed that, not like I couldn’t see it but wanted to know why….those will hold up my original claim.  Is there a way to get that changed?  I’ve already have the exam for my original claim increase bp and heart attack….

I also told them I had another heart attack last month and didn’t know if submitting that claim would mess up the current progress.  She said just submit the evidence with the current claim.  I want to ensure my 3 months of 100% isn’t over looked for the second heart attack.

Thank you! 

Although unlikely it is possible the VARO raters will treat your new HA evidence as a new claim automatically or they will treat it as new evidence to support of your existing claim.  These are subjective decisions that raters make all the time in processing/adjudicating disability claims according to current and former senior VARO raters.

Have you applied for and/or been diagnosed with a heart disease under 38 CFR. 4.104 DC code 7005.  I have been rated at 60% by BVA for Vietnam AO Ischemic IHD/CAD heart disease since 2017 under old and new rating rules criteria.  

You can find the new final rating criteria for HA and also Ischemic heart disease at this link. Read carefully and apply to your situation  DC codes 7006 for HA and 7005 for heart disease.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/4.104#:~:text=7005 Arteriosclerotic heart disease (coronary,the current signs and symptoms.

You should also consult free of charge a qualified VSO found at VA regional offices and VA hospitals. None of us here can guarantee anything.

My comment is not legal advice as I am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

Edited by Dustoff1970

• Community Owner

Hears the form below. 

Go to http://va.gov and get a login if you don't have one.

You will have to register at https://secure.login.gov/sign_up/enter_email to get an account.

You can upload your evidence at http://access.va.gov its much faster than the mail and you will get a email receipt that you should keep for your records.

VBA-21-10210-ARE-Lay-Witness-or-Statement in support of claim- (Ex 6-30-24).pdf

I see this on Benefits 100%. Just wondering if that’s the 100% for the two heart attacks or they gave 100%.

Entitled to special monthly compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1114, subsection (s) and 38 CFR 3.350(i) on account of Non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction with LVH rated 100 percent and additional service-connected disabilities of allergic rhinitis, hypertension (high blood pressure), independently ratable at 60 percent or more from 03/04/2023.

Rating Date : 10/02/2023

On 9/29/2023 at 1:48 PM, Dustoff1970 said:

Yes it can only help to boost or increase chance of your claim approval and with maybe a higher disability rating.  Send the new evidence of 2nd HA ASAP in overnight or next day delivery via FedEX or UPS or USPS and download the form Broken Soldier just listed in his reply to you. Type in the form number on google search and select the link to the VA form website and then print out several copies of the blank form. 

If you are housebound because of your disability/s then a doctor will have to state this in a written diagnosis you then send a copy to the VARO as a claim and/or additional information evidence with your claim for HA and SMC-S.  This pays additional of more than  $300.00 per month.

If you have a 100% disability rating or TDIU due to single disability rating and have other disability/s equal to or greater than 60% then this will automatically qualify you for a different type of SMC-S2 rating of more than 300.00 per month (additional).

My comment is not legal advice as i am not a lawyer, paralegal or VSO.

yes sir got it.  They gave the e amc 100% total and Permanent thank y’all.

Congratulations!

Now, you get to do the fun part:  Deciding what to do with the retro, and applying for other VA benefits, such as state benefits.  Dont forget your state, many offer reduced or eliminated property tax, things like free camping, free license plates, and more.  But, you often have to apply to have your property tax reduced, they will keep charging full price (on your property taxes)  until you ask them for a discount and it may take time to go into effect, even then.  

So, dont wait.  Get some proof from ebenefits, or get your disabled vet ID card.  You may have to provide a letter from va as proof, which should still be available on ebenefits/va.gov for download and printing.  

You can even customize the letter.  In other words you dont have to always tell everyone how much your compensation is.  Sometimes you may need the numbers, such as if you are buying a car and need proof of income.