VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BVA

Rate this question

Ken Dillon

Question

5 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I agree with @pacmanx1. My claim was filed in 2019 and appealed to the BVA (AMA lane) requesting a hearing in early 2021. I had my hearing almost a year ago. Did my monthly status check on va.gov earlier this morning and it is still waiting to be sent to a judge.

I know they are trying to finish up the legacy BVA appeals plus special circumstances like terminal, hardship, or vets over 75 years of age quickly. I'm fine with all that as long as they don't do what the VARO and DRO did, which was repeatedly ignore laws, regs, and clearly documented evidence in my records.

Additionally, it stinks that the BVA does not have some sort of way to let us know our place in line or even an estimated date of when the decision might occur.

• Community Owner

You may be able to get an email response out of someone on this site.

https://www.bva.va.gov/hearing-coordinators.asp

My at least two recent approved claims on appeal at the BVA (granted) took between one and half  to three years including a remand then return to BVA.  One appeal was a direct review.  Original claim date of two granted appeal claims was 2017.  Time line seemed fast to me because I stayed busy fishing and camping and doing other things.  Also, I was placed on advanced on the docket because of my age of 75 plus.

combinededitedcroppedperkins507thDustoffmedevacUH-1Hrescuehoist.jpg.fb92df48a06113b69d51fd0851e605d2.jpg

• Greeter

I personally always now select evidence lane as I might want to turn something in. I’ve only been to the BVA twice now once for tinnitus and the other for my mental health tdiu claim. I would rather go BVA all the time compared to HLR.