• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tbirds latest endeavor: Diary of A Mad Sailor

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

• Founder

Working on my swan song, for those interested you can view it here 

sailor-dog.jpgDiary of A Mad Sailor - My Swan Song | Stories From My Life. A Work In Progress

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

5 answers to this question

• Founder

Awe @Dustoff1970 I'm hanging in for a while. However, so far I am the only one doing the actual work and it is a lot for me I have been doing this for well over 26 years.

It has been my life's work, passion, and purpose so I will always do what I can to help.

Tbird

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• Founder

Just spreading the word and being a Patron is a great help!

Tbird

• HadIt.com Elder

I just found out that my grandfather who died in 1953 was a deserter from the Navy back in 1906. The wise guy then changed his name and joined the Army.  What a guy.  I never knew him because I was only 3 when he died. You talk about a mad sailor.  I think when he got orders for one of those long cruises he jumped ship and went AWOL.  He was a minor criminal in his youth. He got straight after he met and married my grandmother.   He did spend 6 months in jail for some other crime.  You know in those days there was no SSA or even driver's license required as far as I know.  You could go across state lines and start a new life with a new name.  This may be TMI but it entertains me.