VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Big exam Wednesday

Rate this question

GoNavy1775

Question

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

yes!  be honest and tell them your worst times.  Tell them how regular they are and do no understate how bad they are.  When i started to go to the VA they would ask how are you doing?  I would be like I am doing good.  Like a general type of thing.  They put this in your chart.  Now I say I am ok or it is a rough day.  

As an example I would talk about last week where I could not get out of bed or off the couch or whatever issue i was having.  Or I had to stop working because the pain was so bad and let them know how bad.  Things like this are what they need to know.

We as Men always want to be strong and never show weakness.  I promise you, if you do this they will not rate you correctly.  They can't see your issue, you must tell them!

On 12/11/2023 at 7:28 AM, shrekthetank1 said:

yes!  be honest and tell them your worst times.  Tell them how regular they are and do no understate how bad they are.  When i started to go to the VA they would ask how are you doing?  I would be like I am doing good.  Like a general type of thing.  They put this in your chart.  Now I say I am ok or it is a rough day.  

As an example I would talk about last week where I could not get out of bed or off the couch or whatever issue i was having.  Or I had to stop working because the pain was so bad and let them know how bad.  Things like this are what they need to know.

We as Men always want to be strong and never show weakness.  I promise you, if you do this they will not rate you correctly.  They can't see your issue, you must tell them!

Thank you.  I was told if they ask me to perform a range of motion to stop immediately when it begins to hurt.  Don't push through it.  Otherwise, they will list it as having an acceptable range of motion.  So on a scale of pain from 1-10, move until it hits one and say that is when the pain is starting.  

2 hours ago, Tbird said:

You should find this article helpful 

VA Compensation and Pension Exams: Do's and Don'ts

thank you.  I'm not going for PTSD, but I think the idea is the same.  Be polite, answer directly and don't give them more than they need.  

The ROM is correct.  If you push through the pain then they see this as you have full range of motion.  For sure tell them when you feel any pain.  You got this!