Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va's Stand On Plavix!

Rate this topic

I just went through this Plavix BS the va cut me off after 1 year BUT I had another stent placed in March right when I was running out so they filled it again. I had a regular metal stent this time so guess I am good for at least another year??

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am glad that tricare hasn't started that yet. They put two coated stents in Jan, at Navy Hospital Doc says have to take plavix forever now. Have been taking plavix since 2003 when they put the first two steel ones in after heart attack.

Boats

• HadIt.com Elder

Plavix is another example of the VA not taking proper care of us. My year is up in November will see what they say. Knowing the VA it will just stop coming.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA are just a bunch of cheap bastards. I could not even get them to prescribe celebrex because it was too expensive. However, they did give me morphine which is dirt cheap and "organic". This is for a service conected condition. They prescribe restoril instead of Ambien because of cost. I used to beg for Prilosec and was denied but then it became generic and now I get it "no problem". The VA does not take care of us and really does not give a damn. Just about money above all else.

• HadIt.com Elder

So what does the VA substitute when they quit giving Plavix? My Doc said I would need it for life? I guess the VA thinks one year of life is ok?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete after the year of Plavix they claim we get the same help from an aspirin a day a baby aspirin 81mg I guess that is their version of an apple a day

100% SC P&T PTSD 100% CAD 10% Hypertension and A&A = SMC L, SSD
a disabled American veteran certified lol
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."