VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Once A Person Get Tdiu Can It Be Taken Away ?

Rate this question

Tammy

Question

I have been getting service connected disablity and TDUI starting date for the that was Sept 03 but I appeal for a earlier effectived date right away so they sent me for another Cp exam and I hope I didn't piss them off and now I won't get nothing and get it taken away. i got a letter with the form 9 to file but I am afraid if I do they might take everything from me. I have been out of the Army since 80 and left with a service connction of a torn urether and now after all that time working to get 100 percent pay, they still denie my back was broke while in Service. Although the paper work now does say it is service contected and 40% on my back and about 5 other things. So, was is anyones thought about continuing...I don't know how to get the police records of the accident and I am hoping I can find the other man that was pinned in there with myself and if he got anything from the accident and what he thinks I should do or if he has the police report. I am afraid to fill the form out because i have no proof except for the hospital report while I was in service. Please let me know if I should just let it go before I end up with lsoing everything I have now. Thank you for any advice

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Tammy,

Would you mind re-posting in a less confusing manner. I can't make heads nor tails of it.

1) VA isn't going to send a vet for a C&P due solely to a request for earlier effective date.

2) Had you filed a NOD with a VA decision for EED - VA denied and sent you the form 9 ?

3) When you filed for the EED did you get a denial and VA sent you the form 9 ?

4) You get police records from the Police Department that handled whatever incident.

5) You began getting SC disability when ?

6) You began getting comp. @ 100% rate for TDIU Sept 03 of what year ?

I in no way am knocking you - I just found the post to be very confusing and need some clarification.

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder
I have been getting service connected disablity and TDUI starting date for the that was Sept 03 but I appeal for a earlier effectived date right away so they sent me for another Cp exam and I hope I didn't piss them off and now I won't get nothing and get it taken away. i got a letter with the form 9 to file but I am afraid if I do they might take everything from me. I have been out of the Army since 80 and left with a service connction of a torn urether and now after all that time working to get 100 percent pay, they still denie my back was broke while in Service. Although the paper work now does say it is service contected and 40% on my back and about 5 other things. So, was is anyones thought about continuing...I don't know how to get the police records of the accident and I am hoping I can find the other man that was pinned in there with myself and if he got anything from the accident and what he thinks I should do or if he has the police report. I am afraid to fill the form out because i have no proof except for the hospital report while I was in service. Please let me know if I should just let it go before I end up with lsoing everything I have now. Thank you for any advice

Tammy, you asked about this last week and many answered, requesting more info. Apparently you didn't read or chose not to respond in that thread??? What's up with that?

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

Tammy:

It is very unlikely that TDIU will be taken once it is given. As crazy at it seems its easier for the VA to yank 100% P&T than TDIU and they have to prove that you can work to do it.

Good Luck

One last thing is don't take the VA Personal cause it will drive you nuts.

• HadIt.com Elder

Tammy

I requested an earlier effective date on my TDIU. The VA just looked at the evidence I gave them and made a decision. Their is no need for a C&P exam to decide an EED. The VA is not going to take away TDIU just because the vet asks for an EED. Did you file an appeal on the TDIU decision asking for an EED? You get IU for not being able to work. Unless the vet goes back to work the VA really has no basis to reduce an IU award unless, like Phil has said, they call an CUE on themselves which is unlikely if the vet has the required rating and is unemployable.

Tammy, you asked about this last week and many answered, requesting more info. Apparently you didn't read or chose not to respond in that thread??? What's up with that?

pr

I am so sorry that i can't answer the questions because i don't how to post or where to post? I do appreicate everyone helpin me though. I am tryint to figure out the system. I don't know if TDUI is the same as permant disabilty because my husband get chatpter 35 benifits and house taxes paid are the words the same. that is another problem I have its hard to get my point accrossed. I don't know much of the lingo. I am so sorry because i do read everyones reply but don't know or where to answer the questions. I hopw I am doing that now.

thank you so much

Tammy

I requested an earlier effective date on my TDIU. The VA just looked at the evidence I gave them and made a decision. Their is no need for a C&P exam to decide an EED. The VA is not going to take away TDIU just because the vet asks for an EED. Did you file an appeal on the TDIU decision asking for an EED? You get IU for not being able to work. Unless the vet goes back to work the VA really has no basis to reduce an IU award unless, like Phil has said, they call an CUE on themselves which is unlikely if the vet has the required rating and is unemployable.

I was the one to request an eaelier effective date and I did a cue also i got the statement of case on the increase in disablities and eaelier effective date but not the Cue regarding my back. I hope that turns into good news but i don't have the police report of the accident that happened to me in 1979 and i don't know how to get them in germany or if they still have them. I don't rememeher the guys name that was pinned with me. Thank you for your comment.