Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Suicide

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

If your 100 P&T and 70% is for depression would suicide be service connected death? What benefits would a spouse receive?

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim, There are several lakes in Michigan that are acessable. It would be great if you can make it to Lake Saint Claire. The Smallmouth Bass fishing there is excellent. I wish I did not live so far away or I would come up there and take you fishing. I know Michigan has a fishing season and it may be too early.

I have several friends that live there and I can get you a guided trip on oneo of the bass lakes if necessary.

J Basser

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Betrayed,

No two ways about it, hallucinations suck.

Just read your website and your treatment by the VA is beyond comprehension.

I feel totally inadequate to offer you any advice but I do want you to know that I respect that you are doing the best that you can and I pray that you will continue to try to hold it together for your sake and your wife's sake.

Is the VA your only treatment option? Is private medical care available through your wife's insurance an option?

How about the local mental health department? They operate on a sliding fee scale here and if you are feeling suicial they will get you in same day to talk to a real doc who can asses you and help you find a treatment facility. You may be a vet but you're also still a citizen of whatever county and state you live in.

Any hospitals in your area that are non-profits that would have to admit you if you present suicidal ideation?

Have you or your wife contacted any private mental health facilities in the area and let them know you are a disabled vet (ask them to read your website) and checked to see if they might waive all fees?

I am grasping at straws for you but something other than VA may be a better answer for you right now to get you over this threatening time.

Please hang in there. Know that you are a valued member at hadit.com and your buddies here (especially those of us who have fought the same mental health battles you are fighting) would be devastated beyond words if you were to check out early.

You and your family are in my prayers.

ts snave

Betrayed,

Please hang in there. Know that you are a valued member at hadit.com and your buddies here (especially those of us who have fought the same mental health battles you are fighting) would be devastated beyond words if you were to check out early.

You and your family are in my prayers.

ts snave

I have recvd several PM's one this am asking about me. I am feeling much better and appreciate you guys.

Thanks for caring........................Jim

Betrayed

540% SC Schedular P&T

LOWER YOUR EXPECTATIONS AND THE VA WILL MEET THEM !!!

WEBMASTER BETRAYEDVETERAN.COM

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You hit the street, you feel them staring you know they hate you you can feel their eyes a glarin'

Because you're different, because you're free, because you're everything deep down they wish they could be.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jim:

Thanks for letting us know.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.