This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• One of 11 Items remanded to AMC
      I assume you are seeking SMC? If you give us the remand Docket number, it might be posted at the BVA site and maybe we could help understand this more.
    • Finally got my 100% for Malignant melanoma
      This is Great and John Dorle is fabulous!
    • DRO hearing
      "Am I correct to say they are just trying to low ball me severely knowing it would put me over the SMC and P&T threshold?" I would assume you are Correct. I had a hell of a fight over an obvious legal error regarding SMC. They even tried to get me to accept a regulation they made up. It didn't work. But the battle took over 6 years because they are illiterate. I had a P & T issue as well but had significant evidence for that award.Did Dr Bash state any rationale in the IMO that should have warranted P & T for the 100%?   "On the original decision the RO stated it was not diagnosed. This is wrong because they had in their hands Dr. Bash's IMO which showed the diagnosis then in 2013 whenever the VA Surgeon finally diagnosed it they still are denying me but the only reason they gave so far that it was not diagnosed." Since they had the IMO in their possession,that definitely appears to be a CUE under 38 CFR 4.6. Can you scan and attach here the reasons and Bases and Evidence list of the decision that prompted the denial?(Cover C file # prior to scanning)          
    • Raynaud's / Cold Injury Claim. Need Help
      For the recent poster: This is one of 1772 decisions at the BVA regarding service in Korea and Frostbite Some of this vet's STRs were missing but the remand shows what the VA is seeking, as to his treatment records: http://www.index.va.gov/search/va/view.jsp?FV=http://www.va.gov/vetapp16/Files1/1603109.txt Broncovet is right -maybe a mod here can move your questions into a new topic. Since most of the burned St Louis fire records involved USAF vets, the VA often sees USAF and goes no further than that to state the records were burned. They will need all of your treatment records for this condition.  
    • CLAIM COMPLETE--Frm 80% to 100% Comb Rtg
      That's what I would call an informative post. After you get the Official Award Letter, listing all the Evidence Reviewed, decide when the evidence supporting the increases was actually in your VMC records. As it stands now, looks like your Retro pay will be back to the 05/15 Effective Date. If your VMC Med Recds indicate an earlier date, get with a Seasoned VSO Rep at your RO and discuss an Immediate Official Review for CUE on the EED. May or may not work. You will still have till 02/01/2017 to file your NOD if needed but give the Review for CUE a couple months, can't really hurt. Using only the NOD, Filed Today, you'd be lucky to have a DRO Review Decision before early 2018, DRO Hearing 3+ yrs and BVA 4+. Use your above Award Letter to sign up for VMC Dental services at your 1st opportunity. If your State offers a 100% DAV Property Tax Exemption, file for it. There's another Letter on your E-Ben account that just says your 100%, without the breakdown of conditions. That letter will be sufficient for the State Property Tax Exemption. Last but not least, get your DOD ID Card from a nearby Military base. Apply for the FREE $10K VA Life Insurance policy and complete the application for your Wife's CHAMPVA. Wouldn't hurt to apply for the VA Independent Living Program, some great benefits are available, check it out. Semper Fi
    • Sleep Apnea Claim
      VA is reluctant to award Sleep apnea claims.  There are 2 keys, as I see it, to winning sleep apnea claims. 1.  Make sure you have all of the big 3.   Check your records, dont rely upon your memory of what happened, as doctors may have written down something different than what you think or may have not written anything at all, or your records could be missing, or shredded.  Big 3:  Current diagnosis of sleep apnea,  in service event or aggravation, and nexus or link between the previous 2.   2.  Be ready to appeal and persist until you win, with the applicable evidence.  This may mean you have to get an IME/IMO if your VA doc wont give you a statement connecting it to service.  It also probably means a long fight.       In my experience, VA will provide a CPAP machine even if your disorder is not service connected.  I got my CPAP at VA, and I have not yet gotten VA to concede that my apnea was secondary to depression, even tho my sleep doc said it was.  That is, I have a nexus, and a bogus denial.  Persistence wins when other stuff does not.  
      Jlirth     Based on what you posted, your decision is bogus.  If your disorder has symptoms of 2 or more diagnosis, then they do need to go with the one that benefits the Veteran the most.  You need to file a NOD disputing the percentage(s) relative to both diagnosis.      As Berta mentioned, "your records were destroyed in the 1972 fire" is often a bald faced lie.  How does VA know whether there was another copy of the records somewhere even if they had a witness who saw your records actually burn (unlikely) ?  Its actually a logic error trying to prove a universal negative.  Its like saying, "I lost my keys and they are nowhere on earth."   This is almost universally not true.  Your keys are SOMEWHERE, even tho you may have gone to great lengths to find them.  Sure, they could be in a landfill or could even have been melted down, but even then they are somewhere, even tho they may not be usefull in their present state.   More likely, your keys, just like your records, are in a place you have not thought of yet, or not searched thoroughly enough, sometimes do to laziness.       This is the first stage of VA's "3 card monte", where they hope you wont appeal.  In my case, they denied because it was "too long" since service.  The time since military service is not one of the criteria for hearing loss.  It was a bogus, made up criteria, by the rater to delay and deny, as is yours.       To overcome this, you need corroborating evidence.  Try to find the files yourself, dont rely on VA in their weak "duty to assist".   Even if you can not find the files, ever, its still possible to get SC.  Alex Graham, for example, suffered a GSW in Vietnam.  However, there apparently was no record he was in Vietnam, at least according to early VA denials.  I think how he proved he was in Vietnam was that he was sent TAD from Nam, if he was sent from Nam, then he had to be in Nam.  Alex can correct me if I had that wrong.  I think it was last year that Alex won benefits back to 1994, which was mucho wampum over a half million.        Many/most of the rest of us here on hadit are in a similar fight to overcome a bogus denial, or, have already done so.  
      Vern     Welcome to hadit.      Please "Start a new topic" and ask your own question in a new post.  This is to prevent the confusion which arises when we dont know if answers pertain to your question or original poster.   You will get more answers than having your question buried in someone elses post.  
      "No records from Korea and my full records were in the fire in 1972" If VA said they were destroyed in the St Louis fire, best to check that your self. Go to www.archives.gov - the NARA site, and fill out an SF 180 and follow their instructions. Keep a copy of the print out thing you need you sign and mail to where they direct you to. I have helped a few vets ,who were told by VA the same thing, to obtain their complete SMRs from NARA. Sometimes VA will state the fire etc etc but never attempt to even try to get the records. They stated this to  one vet I know personally who enlisted AFTER the fire. I assume your DD 214 shows overseas service. In that time period for Korean you can obtain weather reports on line for the day and night temps and hopefully you could narrow that down to exactly where you were at. I did this type of research for a thesis I did for AMU on the weather  at Normandy area , close to and during D Day.I found the actual reports on line independent of what reports Gen. Eisenhower and what Hitler had.Lots of time consuming research but well worth the effort for my grades in school. A good IMO doc needs to follow the IMO criteria here at hadit and also state that no post service experience (like living in Alaska etc) could have caused this disability. Would the doctor who diagnosed this condition you have be willing to do an IMO?          
    • Sleep Apnea Claim
      EODCMC,   Same here, just went to gathering evidence or as we like to call it gathering dust stage!!! First of all, was it a standard claim or a FDC so called fast claim? If it was a FDC (fast claim) then the expected wait time should be posted in the claim application. Probably around 6 months. Either way, this is usually the longest stage of the game, so sit back and relax and find a good hobby that will take your mind off this process. Many a vet including myself have driven themselves crazy by looking at ebenefits every hour expecting it to change. By what you are saying you should have no problem getting your claim approved but, you never know with the VA.  Anyway, Welcome to the HADIT Family!!!!  Spend some time researching stuff here and remember knowledge is power when it comes to the claim game!!!                                                                                    Silver

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

add55p

Ab4, Ab7, And Ab8 Letters No Longer Listed On Ebenefits

Question

All of my AB__ letters have been taken of the Ebenefits letter generator. The only item that is viewable is my address information.

Can someone give me an idea why this has happened.

Thank you in advance!

14 answers to this question

all of my letters are still there. dunno.

Called the VA Ebenefits Desk asking why all of my benefits verification letters were removed and they informed me that;

1. Maybe I was using an outdated operating System. I informed them that my Veteran friend and I used the same Computer System and that his letters were available.

2. The representative then stated that my VA Regional Office may have removed the documents to make an update, but has no idea why all of the veification documents would have to be removed.

I called the VARO and asked them if they new why all of my Benefits Verification Letters have been removed and they informed me that my Claim was with the VARO Appeals Team and that I would have to submit an IRIS inquiry.

AGAIN! Has anyone on this site ever had ALL of their Benefits Verification Letters removed from Ebenefits at the same time. I do recall reading on this site that the AB8 is often removed for updating, but never the AB4 and AB7.

Any Feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks...

Mine are all there. But, sometimes the system is just stupid and you have to wait it out. Not an easy take, but that has happened to me as well.

Sounds like some action is going on - try to chill and give it a week or so -

or send the iris.

Thanks to all of your replys. I will take your advice and wait it out.

Take care,..

Check Back Monday AM as they update on Sunday nights.

J

this happens quite often, don't feel like the lone ranger here.

Checked again Today (Monday) and all of my letters are still missing. Going on 2 weeks now.

My address information in Step one is all there. Alos, My rating information has not changed in Benefits Explorer.

I am at a total lost as to what is going!

I will check again in a week.

Thanks..

don't stress over this! It's just going to cause you to have high blood pressure if you don't have it already. Just not worth it brother!!

I am not stressing about it. I have learned to be patient with the VA process. Thanks for the advice though!
By the way, I received Iris reply today in response to my missing Ab4, AB7, and AB8 letters.

The Iris response stated that the VA was having a problem with one of there servers and was working on this issue.

I guess this particular server is not affecting too many veterans on this site or my close veteran friends who have no problem veiwing their Verification Letters.

Two week have passed since I was able to download my VA letters.

Am I the only one with this issue??!

Thanks,

Add

I have a code for things and people that go missing with no reason.

KBA

Kidnapped by Ailens.

Keep checking.

J

lol,

KBA

Kidnapped by Ailens.

At our house we say, "grew little legs and walked away".

All

Another two weeks has passed and my letters still have not reappeared in the letter generator.

Called the VARO and the Rep told me that the issue was fixed and that I should not have a problem accessing the letters now.

I guess that was just to get me off of the phone, because, I tried and the letters were still missing. She would not wait until I tried to access the letters. Tried to call back and got an answer machine.

It is hard to believe that I am the only veteran whos AB4, AB7, and AB8 have all disappeared form letter generator for over a month now.

If someone has experienced this (all letters disppearing at the same time), please give me your experience of what finaly happened when the letters reappeared or if they ever reappeared.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Add

At least you had them and then lost them. My case closed July 31. Got my BBE about Aug 10th.....The only thing anywhere that shows anything is one letter that states I am 80% and personal info. I have never had an ab8 letter show up, nothing listed in Benefits explorer, nothing anywhere...So I don't know....

As far as backpay....have heard nothing to date...have sent them the form to shift my pay from retirement to VA...Also sent letter/form to DFAS for my retirement pay to be approved/shifted to CRSC. So far I'm still sittin and waitin....Should be fishin instead.