VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Win Appeal In Less Than 2 Years?

Rate this topic

BEVB

Others can provide timelines (we all tend to keep them when it comes to Appeals):

Local office decision: 7/8/2008

NOD: 2/17/2009

Statement of the Case: 2/23/2010

Substantive Appeal: 3/24/2010

Certification of Appeal: 12/15/2010

Received by BVA: 1/10/2013

Hearing: 1/15/2013

Remand Issued (BVA): 4/24/2013

Finished C&Ps, etc and back with appeals team (VARO): 4/12/2015

Pending Decision Approval (VARO): 6/30/2015

and still waiting... My point is (in support of others) that it takes time. If as mentioned above you have hardship, request advancement on the docket.

• 4 months later...

Less than two years after all. As a November 15 I got an increase from 10% to 30% for flat feet and denied for tinnitus and urticaria. My total rating went from 30 to 40%.  The attorney filed a form 9 for the urticaria because I am now on immunosuppressive meds with no change and 4 or more episodes a year which should qualify me for 60%. No sure how long that should take so any input would be greatly appreciated.

BEVB,

I have been in appeal since 2009 for migraines, but that's from going from regular appeal to remand.  It has been in remand since 2013.  I didn't seem to get anywhere until I contacted the secretary of the va with an email stating my situation and frustration and then I received callbacks within 2 days from the email. 

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use