VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What does this meaqn for PTSD C&P results

Rate this question

1LARrafe

Question

I had my C & P mental health exam and I've attached my results, also I was awarded a CAR and diagnosed February 2015 by a VA Psychiatrist with 1. PTSD,

2. Unspecified Depressive Disorder, 3. Alcohol Use Disorder, 4. Other Specified Trauma or Stressor Disorder. Looks to me like I'll be own my own with no help from the VBA.

C&P results.pdf

4 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

It don't look good to me, you may want to get a private Dr specialized in this type disease (PTSD)   to rebut what the VA Examiner mention

JMO

..........Buck

PM me for a good IMO if you are willing to travel to Michigan.

The heart of your bad C&P is your mention of alcohol use prior to service.  I dont know what you said to them could have been as simple as "i drank in high school" and that was then turned into a history of alochol abuse starting when you were 17.

IF you want to fight this and not wait until a decision comes, go and get a IMO.  You could still be seeing an aggravation go through for alochol abuse, but i think PTSD is DOA with this C&P

It seemed to me that the examiner did diagnose  a disorder that he attributed to your service but it wasnt PTSD. Do you have a vet rep? Perhaps the claimed disability could be characterized differently, even to an acquired psychiatric disorder, but tio also include the exact diagnosis that the examiner did attribute to your service..

That C&P is not good on your behalf.

I was denied PTSD the first time due to alcohol abuse. My C&P was basically the same as yours. After I stopped drinking I had the same problems and found it harder to deal with and the symptoms got worse. I had another C&P and was awarded 50% for PTSD.

So hang in there and try using less alcohol. Let your doctors know you have slowed down the consumption of alcohol.