VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&P for TDIU today...cant cope

Rate this question

IraqVet

Question

I have a C&P scheduled today for TDIU...and I am so stressed out I am sick. This is my second evaluation for PTSD and Kidney problems as it was on appeal. I am currently 70% combined and SSDI has me rated 100% for PTSD..<service connected .....and a back injury that is not service connected. 

My question is what do I need to do this time to not sabotage myself? 

The last C& P I had a young lady spend not more than 6 min with me and I explained what day to day life was like for me.....I requested the copy of the C&P report and she recommended no increase because she put on the report that since I was able to watch some TV...I was still employable. My appeal goes all the way back to 2010 when I first applied for TDIU. 

Would I be better to put down on paper what day to day life is like for me and give it to examiner when I go in today? 

I am rated for agoraphobia lumped into my PTSD, I have panic attacks, literally get sick in bathroom or get cramps so bad I have to use restrooms when I go out in public, I no longer drive as my wife does. I yell at my daughters and wife all the time, I do not sleep due to nightmares, and when I am not I frequently checking doors and windows. Started to drink in the last three years....so I dont have to feel.  I have great fear of being targeted by people/terrorist because I am a veteran and fly a flag out in my front yard....I know it not rational. Ashamed and do not like to be identified as a veteran, I feel betrayed by my country to have went to Iraq and watched my buddy's get killed, have my life torn to nothing and all for what......the president hands it back over to the terrorist.

3 answers to this question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

I have a C&P scheduled today for TDIU...and I am so stressed out I am sick. This is my second evaluation for PTSD and Kidney problems as it was on appeal. I am currently 70% combined and SSDI has me rated 100% for PTSD..<service connected .....and a back injury that is not service connected. 

The last C& P I had a young lady spend not more than 6 min with me and I explained what day to day life was like for me.....I requested the copy of the C&P report and she recommended no increase because she put on the report that since I was able to watch some TV...I was still employable. My appeal goes all the way back to 2010 when I first applied for TDIU. 

Would I be better to put down on paper what day to day life is like for me and give it to examiner when I go in today? 

I am rated for agoraphobia lumped into my PTSD, I have panic attacks, literally get sick in bathroom or get cramps so bad I have to use restrooms when I go out in public, I no longer drive as my wife does. I yell at my daughters and wife all the time, I do not sleep due to nightmares, and when I am not I frequently checking doors and windows. Started to drink in the last three years....so I dont have to feel.  I have great fear of being targeted by people/terrorist because I am a veteran and fly a flag out in my front yard....I know it not rational. Ashamed and do not like to be identified as a veteran, I feel betrayed by my country to have went to Iraq and watched my buddy's get killed, have my life torn to nothing and all for what......the president hands it back over to the terrorist.

I cannot possibly relate to what you have been through, but I think your last paragraph is spot on. Being on SSDI already can definitely help because you are already deemed to be unemployable. The ability to watch TV does not equate to employability. People in hospitals and nursing homes sit around and watch TV. Does that make them employable too?

It can help to read through the PTSD DBQ to familiarize yourself with what they might ask:
http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-0960P-3-ARE.pdf

I wish you the best of luck in your C&P exam. I hope this information helps.

• HadIt.com Elder

The first examiner's opinion is obviously inadequate. Perhaps that was recognized.

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

The first examiner's opinion is obviously inadequate. Perhaps that was recognized.

iraqVet,
What Chuck mentioned does actually happen more often than it should.