VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

During C&P Exam for L ankle examiner measured scars - why?

Rate this question

Navy4life

Question

I had two C&P exams today, and one of them was for an increase for my Left ankle.  During the examination she measured my scars on my left ankle, left foot toe and my right foot scar.  Any idea why?

57 minutes ago, Navy4life said:

I had two C&P exams today, and one of them was for an increase for my Left ankle.  During the examination she measured my scars on my left ankle, left foot toe and my right foot scar.  Any idea why?

Do you really want us to try to guess what was going on in the head/mind of a C & P examiner. Who knows what she was doing but I do know that there is a separate rating for scars that VA can grant a veteran if the scars cover a certain amount of the body.

• HadIt.com Elder
2 hours ago, pete992 said:

Do you really want us to try to guess what was going on in the head/mind of a C & P examiner. Who knows what she was doing but I do know that there is a separate rating for scars that VA can grant a veteran if the scars cover a certain amount of the body.

Scars can be painful, and also limit movement. Scars from injury can be considered differently/separately than surgical scars.

Depending on the original claim dates, it's also possible to get into old rule new rule determinations, and which is more favorable to the veteran. A significant difference is that the old rule assigned a minimum of 10%, and the new 0%.

I have three scars that I am rated separately at 0%. I didn't even put in a claim for them. They were given from a C&P exam for a broken foot, broken hand and lower right inguinal hernia. I figure I will never get paid for them but at least they recognize them. Hey it is hard for them to away service connection for a scar. Like it is going to disappear?

6 hours ago, pete992 said:

No I wasn't asking for you to guess. I was just curious as the situation. 

Its good news.  Scars are compensable based on their size and whether or not they are painful if service connected.  Documenting your scars can mean additional compensation.  I think it also means that your examiner is likely giving a favorable opinion on SC.  Why?  Because scars wont matter for comepnsation purposes if the injury is not service connected.  

1 hour ago, broncovet said:

Its good news.  Scars are compensable based on their size and whether or not they are painful if service connected.  Documenting your scars can mean additional compensation.  I think it also means that your examiner is likely giving a favorable opinion on SC.  Why?  Because scars wont matter for comepnsation purposes if the injury is not service connected.  

Well that does sound good!  I sure hope so!