VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim under Review?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

check ebenefits this am

claim status

said ''my claim is under review  before that ''gathering evidence''  its been in gather Evidence  for a long time  now its under review  does this  truly mean ''under the gun'?

You'll drive yourself crazy following ebennies too closely.  The stages represented on ebennies do NOT follow any process internally within the VA.  What does this mean?  It is simply 'window dressing' and does not accurately track the claims process and should be treated as such; a fairy tale.

^^^Agree with Talon!  Buck don't worry what Ebennies says b/c it is not accurate.  But to answer your question, it basically means they seem to have what they need to review the claim and IF there is additional documents or medical exams needed it will go back to GOE and you will be notified....

Try and stay off Ebennies....

Buck, I'm at 202 days now waiting for my FDC to be processed.  I've seen the status ping-pong all over the place in eBenefits.  I am probably more guilty than anyone for watching the status (often daily) hoping to see the coveted "notification sent" status but can see that it has been a waste of time.  I hope that your claim will be resolved quickly but from my own experience I'd suggest you hope for the best but don't necessarily expect it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I agree I should stay off ebenny's  its just  a ''bad''habit''   I guess. always interested in what they're doing.

I never had ebenefits  with my first claim  did everything by Mail &return receipts 

The one thing I look forward to is getting that ''thick packet' in the mail...if its not thick  that can only mean one thing''denied''

but I keep my hopes up, I sure hope I don't have file a NOD.

...............Buck

• HadIt.com Elder

The only thing is

In ebenny's the're always saying  ''your VSO will send you a letter''  and they say this a lot  your VSO will let you know what to send in if any other evidence is needed.ect,,ect,,,.....well I don't believe that because  my DAV- VSO has not contacted me since he filed my claim...period.

This is probably why I check ebenny's a lot. and information  you can get for B-4 hand is good  I'd think.