VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

EED Don't seem correct?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was looking at my award letter and the dates it seems there missing a month if they go by the Oct 2nd 2015 date? here is the way VA did it

I was first diagnosed with PTSD 7/0815 by VA MH MD & AGAIN ON 7-22-15 by VA Clinical psychologist PHD

I filed Intent to fine on Oct 2nd 15 & Filed for the PTSD on Oct 15th

the VA decided my claim on Feb 11 2016   what should they make my EED?

Here is what they decided Effective Date Oct 2, 2015 Entitlement to special monthly compensation based on housebound

Payment start date Nov 1st 2015

They sent a check for 1,040,52 on Feb 16th to my Bank..ok that's 3 months difference in the pay scale from 3,68,90 to 3,415,74 (with spouse)  ok on March 1st the monthly check is 3,415,74   is this correct?

at the bottom it says

''payment summary''

payment start date Nov 2 ,2015

Generally , payments  begin the first day of the month following the effective date.

When applicable, a retroactive payment, minus any with holdings , will be issued.

Thereafter , payment will be made at the beginning of each month for the prior month

for example  benefits due for May will be made  on or about June 

I was thinking back to the date I was first diagnosed 7-8-15 or 7-22-15 but if not then  maybe they do have this correct?

anybody have any opinions?

Thank you in Advance

...........Buck

4 answers to this question

This is possibly a great opportunity for you to ask your VSO MFIC at your RO, to walk down the hall to the VA Rater's office and discuss your EED concern.

Then again, if you want to prolong the grief, you could NOD the Decision with respect to the Effective Date. I think I recall, Raters can go back 12 months prior to Claim date, with respect to PTSD claims; in establishing Effective Date Retro.

Buck, don't recall, are you receiving SMC K? Doesn't look like your New Comp amount includes the K. Might be something that deserves your immediate FDC filing, or not.

Semper Fi

• HadIt.com Elder

Gastone  

No SMC-K

I just got the SMC-S H.B.

I Think they have the EED Correct because they went with the Nov 1 2015 Date   that's a month   following the effective date.

I can't find anything when they can go back a year or when the illness first was diagnosed?

They go by the Intent to file date and begin payments following the effective date of Oct 2-2015...hence the Nov 1st 2015 Start payment Date

so I think that's correct  after further reviews.

I'm not sure what you mean FDC A SMC-K?

The SMC-S criteria   was  was met after the 70% rating on PTSD  With what I was already rating at a combined 90% TDIU P&T Rating being paid at the 100% rate.

Thank you for your reply.

............Buck

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Hey Buck,
Was this for an initial or increase claim?

An initial claim EED is the date of filing and an increase goes back up to 12 months.

• HadIt.com Elder

Vync

This was an initial first time claim for PTSD  they put all my percentages together and they met the Criteria for SMC-s H.B.....I never requested the HB but I'll take it.

I believe they got it right  after reviewing it some more.

Thanks Buddy

...............Buck