VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Need Your Opinions on my SC Claim (MDD,Tinnitus,U/I) Just did C&P

Rate this question

Christheexplorer

Question

Hey Vets.

Monthly troll here.  Currently 0% Service Connected for ADHD.

My 2nd go-round I got a bit smarter and claimed MDD, Tinnitus, I/U, ADD with bipolar disorder (2ndary), and Anxiety Disorder.  Claim submitted May 15 2016.  Just did C&P on July 23 2016.  The following is going to be info from my VA records, and I'm scared I did it wrong again - currently in a homeless vet program and sick of being broke/retarded at life.

As of today:

1. Active Problems:
  2. Cannabis dependence in remission (SCT 191839003)
  3. Schizoaffective disorder, bipolar type (SCT 38368003)
  4. Legal problem (SCT 22268004)
  5. Adult attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (SCT 444613000)
  6. Recurrent major depression (SCT 66344007)
  7. Homeless single person (SCT 160700001)
  • Active Medications: ----
  •  SERTRALINE HCL 100MG TAB - (ACTIVE)
  • FLUTICASONE PROP 50MCG 120D NASAL INHL - (ACTIVE)
  • QUETIAPINE FUMARATE 50MG TAB - (ACTIVE) AMOXICILLIN 500MG CAP - (ACTIVE)
  • SODIUM FLUORIDE 1.1% (FL 0.5%) DENT GEL - (ACTIVE/SUSP)
  1. Old Meds --
  2. Dextroamphetamine for ADHD
  3. Clonidine(Blood Pressure)
  4. Trazadone(Sleep)
  5. METHYLPHENIDATE (ADD)
  6. CITALOPRAM HYDROBROMIDE
  7. HYDROMORPHONE 2MG/ML INJ 1M
  8. : DIATRIZOATE MEGL
  9. ALBUTEROL 90MCG
  10. 2007-TRAZODONE (depression/mood/sleep)
  11. 2007-MIRTAZAPINE

2007: Last year of active duty service. No combat tours.  Assigned to a recruiting station, a decade younger than every other Marine in my office. Was often critized for mistakes in job performance. Sometimes I would take breaks and cry in my car because I was so unhappy with that present situation.

Sept 2007: Talk to a psych once 2 months before discharge about my emotional issues and depressed state.  No diagnosis.

Sept 2008: Diagnosed with Depression. Was taking a med called Citalopram or something.  5 days later had a suicide attempt and was in the VA ward for 3 days.  Was officially diagnosed with MDD less than 1 month after I left service.

Now:  Went for my C&P for Tinnitus. She said I had high frequency hearing loss. They didnt provide me hearing protection (ran out) during grenade throwing which was initial issue.  It effects my sleeping and sometimes have to have people repeat things.

• C&P for MDD: Explained what I have above about my final duty station, my suicide attempt.  Also added: 10 years of not being able to hold a job, quit/get fired for stupid reasons, dont show up cause I dont feel right.  
  • I lay in bed for weeks at a time not feeling like doing anything.
  • I DO take care of my appearance. 
  • Feel hopeless and useless to society
  • Cannot make functional relationships with others.  Distrust others automatically.  Avoid others at all costs. 
  • Hear voices saying 'its ok to die, the world doesnt need you,'.
  • Will continue updated once I re-log on this library computer.

What do you guys think/predict/belief?

2 answers to this question

Chris:  I broke my crystal ball because it NEVER came up with the right answer when dealing with the VA..

I can appreciate your situation.  Now that you had your C&P; I think that's a step in the right direction to get "service connected"

for Tinnitus.  Not knowing anything about your Doctor or what he viewed in your C-File or what you said during the C&P; My opinion is the C&P results are hopefully "favorable" to get service connected for your other conditions.

Don't be scared about doing anything wrong.  We all make mistakes.

Don't listen to those voices.....Remember,,, ,you have a hearing problem!!!    (Sometimes I hear birds say " I don't give a shit"...well at least that's what it sounds like to me!!  Other can't make out what they are saying!!!

Hang in there and keep fighting...    Hope others chime in...

Semper Fi...Tom

without looking at your C&P notes, or knowing what you may or may not get at Service Connected, i still want to say something. If your C&P Doc put all this information down and it's all verified, then i say you have a case for 100% TDIU and P&T. no matter your scheduler %. if you get lowballed(i did and it's kinda standard for the dicks), or flat out denied, take all your information to a VA Accredited Lawyer, if they are willing to take your case let them.