VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Just got docket number. How do I look it up?

Rate this question

saxman

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Gastone, first thanks for the reply.  I didn't request a video hearing or a travel board hearing.  I have been using a VSO (DAV) for my claim, NOD and my form 9. Well, I wrote my own form 9 appeal and took in for them to go over it.  The VSO rep was so impressed that he asked if he could make a copy of my form 9 to keep with his notes for later use. 

Here is my time line for my claim:

filed claim:      Aug 2013

Award/denial: May 2014

NOD:              July 2014

Award/SOC:   Oct 2015

Filed Form 9:  Nov 2015

Received Docket #  Oct 2016

Thanks again! 

BVA appeals don't appear at the BVA web site until a decision is made.

They try to post the decisions within 1-2 months after they write them.

If you have any more evidence after you get the docket number, submit that evidence directly to the BVA...with proof of mailing.

You can call them to make sure they received it. A BVA guy told me 2 weeks ago they no longer have an ombudsman. That is unfortunate. I emailed the BVA ombudsman years ago to ask where I was in the stack...like how many feet or yards of appeals are on top of me.

Forget their reply.... and they confirmed they had received my additional evidence.

I guess IRIS could answer ombudsman questions now..?

Sax, you might be chasing your tail. The only thing that is certain, based on your receipt of notification that a Docket Number has been assigned, is that your RO has Reviewed all of your Evidence and certified your Appeal as ready for transfer to the BVA.

The BVA docket number is assigned by the BVA after your Appeal File arrives. At some point over the next 1++ years, the BVA should send you a notice advising you of a 60 or 90? Day "New & Material Evidence" cut off. Your actual Hearing Date, depending on if you submit N & M Evidence or immediately sign off on same, should follow after a reasonable or unreasonable period of time.

If you want to get depressed, review the 2015 & 16 BVA Decisions, how long those Vets had to wait, answers your question.

Semper Fi

Thanks Berta and Gastone!  Yes i thought I could bring up some information on my appeal while it was still being work by the BVA.  At this point I don't have any N & M evidence.  I have reviewed some of the 2015 and 2016 decisions and it is depressing..