VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

About Clinical Appointment Visits Concerns?

Rate this question

Buck52

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

When a veteran goes to his Clinical Appointment....example on date 12-7-16

Veteran has a discussion about a medical problem with his VA Dr  or .PA. and is concern rather or not the veteran is thinking bout filing a claim on this condition ( say he don't let the Dr know)  and the Dr discuses his medical problem and states it could be related or aggravated by a S.C. condition the Veteran has...and the Dr has some favorable things to say during this clinical visit during the discussion.

Ok 3 days later the veteran reads his MHV Notes  and what the Dr mention at and during this clinical visit on 12-7-16 is not in the MHV Notes? nothing is mention about the favorable discussion from Dr.  basically the opposite. 

since in some states  its not legal to electronically record a Medical Conversation between Dr and patient

What can a Veteran do to get this correct? can he send the DR Using the MHV (Secured Messages) and request the Dr to make an Amendment to the MHV Notes  about the Discussion they had at the 12-7- 16 Clinical Appointment?

Anybody Know what rights a Veteran has in a situation like this???

Edited by Buck52

Buck52 that is great advice but I decided to look for another Dr in a different VA clinic because this is the third Dr at this particular clinic.  It doesn't matter to me if I have to drive a distance of 50 or 60 miles out my way because it has been brought to my attention that many of the doctors at this clinic are not vet friendly.  I even had a doctor tell me I need to stop eating so many cheeseburgers! I told him I rarely eat cheeseburgers.  After that happen I later found out he no longer worked for the VA.  It is so frustrating trying to get a VA doctor to listen to you, and just help you with your needs. 

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes I understand..its ashamed the VA Dr's are like this  but they don't need to be.

I got to where I ask a lot of questions during my visit with them...if I don't understand  I tell them to explain in layman's terms and not medical terms.

Hopefully  President Elect Donald Trump  Will make things get better at all VAMC's Across the country.

On 12/13/2016 at 2:50 PM, Buck52 said:

Yes I will...I meant it takes the 3 days after you see a VA Doc  for the notes to get in MHV..but on an addendum  yeah it should go in right after he submits it.

From my understanding, it is a 3 workday lag minimum. Some things depending on complexity and multiple MD's required takes much longer. And some are just swamped or lazy. You can go to a MSW and get real time results printed out though ;-o

Armorer,  not when the provider adds an addendum onto a record that's already in the my healthevet notes, at least not in my experience.  I had an appointment last Friday,  on Monday I see the notes which didn't match whatsoever what I had told and shown the provider.  I sent a secure message in,  explained what was inaccurate, and asked for it to be corrected asap.  The next morning I saw the addendum added on with the correction. 

• HadIt.com Elder

What is MSW?

flores97

so far no response  from urology Dr  or who ever checks secured messaging?

when I secure message MH someone messages me back and says ' I'll forward your message to Dr Smith (Phyistrist ) or Mr howdy L.C.S.W Therapist  or who ever I sent it to and usually they get back to me the next day.

My luck both these people are on a 2 or 3 week vacation?

Buck, I think the MSW may stand for social worker? Mental health social worker, I believe,  but that's a guess.  I have seen statements on my notes such as veteran referred to sw, which,  when I asked, they told me sw stood for social worker.  I hope they get your notes fixed quickly!!