VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Trump names new VA Sec

Rate this question

Berta

Question

David Shulkin

https://www.va.gov/opa/bios/bio_shulkin.asp

Shulkin is the Undersecretary of the VA now.....as far as I know.    It is an unexpected pick to me......

Unless the David Shulkin I googled is someone else.....

I was thrilled to finally have a name to put on my letter to the new VA Secretary.But the fact that he is familiar with VHA means he needs an extensive  VA 101 course on the VBA. So that will change some of my letter's point.

He also is a civilian but I don't think that should be an issue. Widow Beverly Nehmer was a civilian.

Because of her relentlessness and the help of NVLSP we have the fabulous Nehmer Court Order, which has altered the lives of Thousands of Vietnam veterans.

Well, yes.  Berta is a civilain, too, and look all the good she does for Veterans.  Still, I would rather have a Veteran but there just were not qualified VEteran candidates available, that met Trump's criteria.  

• HadIt.com Elder

The only thing that concerns me

President elect Trump did not invite any of the Major Advocates to  give their Recommendations and Reasons...Even from the Current VA  Secretary Office...Even when they knock on his door.

DAV....Amvets,...VFW, American Legion Post, and few others.

But the  President  Elect is a smart business man  and maybe he wants to start  everyone with a clean slate  so to speak.

I'm waiting on the direct red line # for veterans to call Washington ask question or let him know how were being treated....he promised  that during his campaign 

Edited by Buck52

David Shulkin has been selected as Trump's choice to lead the VA.

Consider the case of a VA Caribbean Healthcare System employee whom AFGE helped to keep her job after her participation in an ARMED ROBBERY. 
Unwilling to admit the crucial role AFGE union bosses played in helping an alleged criminal keep her job, VA has offered a series of outrageous excuses in order to explain her continued employment.

"There was never any indication that the employee posed a risk to Veterans or VA property," VA Under Secretary for Health DAVID SHULKIN said, adding that, "The employee couldn't be terminated for her ARMED ROBBERY participation BECAUSE IT OCCURRED IN HER FREE TIME."

AFGE routinely defends the indefensible among VA employees. 
After all, the organization's first loyalty is to government workers above everyone else. What's disappointing, however, is VA leaders' refusal to challenge AFGE and its tactics.

VA's silence is more proof that the bosses -- both VA and union -- are all part of the same system, which specializes in protecting its own.

So is this supposed to be helping the veterans, and draining the swamp?

IMO this Trump appointee will continue more of the same CORRUPTION that the VA is known for.

Edited by 63Charlie

63Charlie,

Thanks for the info.  Looked it up.  Sometimes I find it hard to read what actually happens in our Gov.  That is just terrible.

If I participated in an armed robbery (??????????), I would be too ashamed to show my face much less have/hold a government job.

I have a local gov job and I come in early and leave late and feel extremely lucky to have the job.

Just unbelievable, 

Thanks again 63,

Hamslice