VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical opinions confuse me

Rate this question

jfrei

Question

Now I'm not new to this but everytime I read this I never can tell if this is a good statement. I mean a tie goes to me but does this sound good? I also have an active appeal as a residual to this specific injury. If this is granted will that effect my appeal? 

a. The condition claimed was at least as likely as not (50% or greater probability) incurred in or caused by the claimed in-service injury, event or illness.

c. Rationale:sacral alar fx, R nondisplaced acetabuar fx. he has chronic intermittent pain. injury documented in records 12/2006. 

6 answers to this question

34 minutes ago, broncovet said:

You are good.  The above is a clear nexus statement.  

I thought so but still makes nervous when I see the word least in the same sentence. So I have an appeal pending now for DVTs in both of my legs residuals of my injury from above and being in the hospital bed for months. Now that this is going to be connected can I see if this could speed up my appeal by sending in a statement from my attorney to where my NOD is still pending? This was the case of my DVT just sucks I didn't file this before the DVT in both legs.

Edited by jfrei

So if this is true will it be backdated from my original claim in 2010 even though I just filed for it this past September, since she wrote it's been documented since 2006 while on active duty.

Based on my (limited) appeal experience, I think the appeal is counted separately as a condition. The former statement though is a pretty good tie in statement , points to you. 

Actually was for an initial claim condition that i forgot to file when my appeal was granted. Think I'll be low balled to 10% since I'm walking and no longer non weight bearing. But any bit helps I guess I'll be at 90 for awhile I only have 1 more thing to claim before I forget and my other two are being appealed Philly denial. Which makes me glad I moved to Delaware life fhas been better living down the street from the VA hospital.