VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

BBE Today & some backpay

Rate this topic

fiasco2g

Well got the BBE and got 70% PTSD, 40% Fibromyalgia, Denied hearing loss, Denied Tinnitus. Also got some backpay but it was without my dependents so maybe after that goes through I will get the rest.

Thanks to everyone that helped. I will need to continue to fight them on the tinnitus because the examiner had an agenda it looked like to me. Had all the evidence of combat action badge, iraq service, MOS that was considered medium-high for sound, etc. Seems like it would have been a slam dunk but you never know when an examiner will just say it is not service connected and the Rating officer just rolls with that. But anyway it has started out pretty good so cant complain.

First intent to file was on 1-18-16

Filed first claim 8-21-16 PTSD, hearing loss, tinnitus

10-6-16 second intent to file

12-4-16 Claim for fibromyalgia (had to wait for diagnosis so a second claim was needed)

1-29-17 Ebenefits went to preparation for decision

2-2-17 Ebenefits went to pending decision approval

2-3-17 Ebenefits went to Decision letter sent and under disability my 70%Ptsd and 40% Fibro showed up for 80% combined rating

2-7-17 BBE arrived and direct deposit of retroactive backpay ( for a single person)

Thanks again

Congratulations!  

Interestingly someone asked the "how long" question, I looked it up and VA's Monday morning workload said 115 days.  From your first "intent to file" to getting the BBE was 13 months, or around 400 days, about 4 times than what VA calls the "average".  

I dont beleive their 115 days BS, its been my experience it almost always takes more than a year, and it took 3 years for mine.  

So mine was about 167 days from actual filing (8-21-16) that is probably what they go by then they combined my second claim with the first so that may have slowed it down a little. I think I had my ducks in a row from all the great info here before filing and some stuff still did not go through. I guess I will need to look into a NOD or CUE for the tinnitus/hearing.

You should have gotten the tinnitus for 10%, so you should probably appeal that.

Hearing loss on the other hand is tough, you almost have to be deaf.  I have frequency loss in the 55-60 range in my left ear, but I am 100% at the word repeat game, so no hearing loss for me.  When he said cat, I should have said dog!  LOL.

Anyway, good job,

Hamslice

P.S. Now, take a short break and then start on your next claim and your appeal for tinnitus.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use