VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Diabetes Secondary Rejected

Rate this question

Papa

Question

B) I got back my decision for Diabetes and it was denied. The reason was that I did not show it in my medical records. When, I submitted my claim I thought that I had given the VA access to ALL my medical records. I thought that since I was tested positive for Diabetes and most diffently in a AO zone, this would be a no brainer. WRONG! The VA only looked at my records through 1982! So, if they want to deny a claim, all they need to do is go back far enough and waalaa :P . Now, I will need to do a NOD.

Papa

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Thanks everyone for the support and encouragement.

Papa

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you get a C&P exam for DMII? The VA should have given you the exam and if they said you had DmII and were in RVN then it is just definite that you get SC'ed for it. The only question is what percentage. You cannot underestimate the incompetence of the VA. Now you have to waste your time filing an NOD etc. This is just criminal to me.

Do I understand that the VA only went up to 1982 med recs and then overlooked any diabetes diagnosis and treatment records for the diabetes?

Something is wrong here-

If you have diagnosis of diabetes mellitus (Adult onset Type II -not Type 1)

and treatment and glucose readings in your records- you could file a Request for Reconsideration based on the records they failed to use- or even ask them to CUE the decision they made as it was clearly erroneous.

But what did you mean by -you were in a AO "zone"?

All of Vietnam was an AO zone-but only a limited number of vets exposed to AO outside of Vietnam have been awarded AO comp.

Maybe VA just looked through your SMRs and not your entire med recs to see if there was evidence for direct SC and not presumptive SC.

Berta,

Thank you so much for your expertise. I'm learning more and more everyday from this website. I did not make it clear, but I was in-country (Vietnam) is a heavy spray zone. From your last statement, I think that is exactly what they did. Could it have been the way the DAV Service Officer wrote up my claim?

Papa

WOW-maybe you (and your rep) should tell them to go and CUE themselves!!!

Yes- possibly the rep wrote up the claim wrong.

But he probably wrote it correctly (do you have a copy) and they failed to get all of your medical records.

And you have a current diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and treatment records.

This is a new one for me-the VA used only part of your medical records-and why up to 1982?

were there private records involved after 1982??

Did they know of any private records and did they send to you an authorization form to obtain these private records?

I feel that VA is becoming more and more creative every day in order to deny claims.

It isn't always stupidity-it seems to be deliberate.

You have some options here as to asking them to CUE themselves.Maybe your rep would suggest instead filing a Reconsideration Request.

WOW-maybe you (and your rep) should tell them to go and CUE themselves!!!

Yes- possibly the rep wrote up the claim wrong.

But he probably wrote it correctly (do you have a copy) and they failed to get all of your medical records.

And you have a current diagnosis of diabetes mellitus and treatment records.

This is a new one for me-the VA used only part of your medical records-and why up to 1982?

were there private records involved after 1982??

Did they know of any private records and did they send to you an authorization form to obtain these private records?

I feel that VA is becoming more and more creative every day in order to deny claims.

It isn't always stupidity-it seems to be deliberate.

You have some options here as to asking them to CUE themselves.Maybe your rep would suggest instead filing a Reconsideration Request.