VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd Criteria?

Rate this question

Trucker

Question

Looking for criteria on ptsd, I've been through the foum and havn't found this answer, can an event (mulitple attempted suisides) by a family member during my time in service be used in my claim for ptsd. I have military evedence also. This led to a hardship discharge and one inpatient stay while in service. If this can be used I can produce 15 year medical history. And I have dealt with the anxiety through hard manual labor, which makes me feel better than the medicine I'm on, is this a positive or a negitive?

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I have one question for the original poster if you have filed for this issue in the past 15 years or was it longer than that when you were discharged what did they use as a basis to deny the claim? What has changed in the years since then to make you think a claim would be approved now? If I have made a false assumption I apologize but I have seen to many hypotheticals where they leave this sequence out of the equation and it does play a role do you have new evidence that wasn't considered the first time or is this because you have heard they have relaxed the rules for PTSD claims? I don't believe they have reduced them that much.