Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Korean Vet Received Envelope

Rate this topic

Cavman

Some of you remember me mentioning a Korean era vet I was helping that couldn`t hear. I also ask for help on a couple issues. Well he is a happy old non-hearing fellow tonight. He received 10% for tinnitus and 90% for hearing loss. The award stated as likely as not. It was very gratifying helping him out. He is getting 10 months retro.

I also helped him file for IU a few months after the claims were filed. The decision stated it has been deferred for the following: Pending the receipt of VA Form 21-8940 and VA Form 21-4192 per the Duty to Assist Letter sent. Evidently that statement means they still have to determine the IU because he did send those forms in.

Thank you so much for the help. ( From a 70 yr old Korean Era Vet)

Cavman

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cavman- great news!

Make sure the VARO knows the actual date of receipt of the TDIU form he sent -

otherwise they might give him the wrong EED.

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Guest terrysturgis

Cavman, Thanks for helping this veteran win his claim. I almost get a bigger kick out of helping someone else win a claim then I did when I won mine. I make it my mission in life to seek out veterans missing out on their earned benifits.

The last claim that I helped on was a 30% PTSD win. It felt good and the vet was happy but it is typical Michigan lowballing. Once again, THANKS! Terry Sturgis

• HadIt.com Elder
Some of you remember me mentioning a Korean era vet I was helping that couldn`t hear. I also ask for help on a couple issues. Well he is a happy old non-hearing fellow tonight. He received 10% for tinnitus and 90% for hearing loss. The award stated as likely as not. It was very gratifying helping him out. He is getting 10 months retro.

I also helped him file for IU a few months after the claims were filed. The decision stated it has been deferred for the following: Pending the receipt of VA Form 21-8940 and VA Form 21-4192 per the Duty to Assist Letter sent. Evidently that statement means they still have to determine the IU because he did send those forms in.

Thank you so much for the help. ( From a 70 yr old Korean Era Vet)

Cavman

Someone needs to not only make SURE he sent those forms in, but, more especially, that the VA DID receive them. Send 'em AGAIN, FedEx 'em. $5.00.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph